Cannot purchase ticket at all if one day sold out?

They design the system to not sell tickets for days where all park availability is sold out. Way too many guests would likely buy tickets (if permitted), and then complain that they held valid admissions, but were not able to get into a park on that date (due to no available park reservations). If it were me, I would purchase tickets for Tuesday through Saturday. Then upon arrival, go to guest services and let them know you'd like to add the additional day (Sunday), if you wanted to also go into whatever park is still available. But tbh, this weekend (Friday through Monday) is going to be a madhouse with crazy crowded parks... so it might not be a bad idea to consider your options for doing something else on your first couple days.

This was an issue for us for a trip last May, so it has been the same for awhile now. We had 8 day PH tickets for DH and myself, but not for our 2 sons. We made Park reservations for all 4 of us months before our trip and were able to do this because we had AP vouchers in our MDE, so I must have booked it under the AP bucket. I dragged my feet purchasing the 8 day PH tickets for the kids because I had so many trips cancelled before this. Finally, about three weeks before our scheduled trip, I went to purchase the tickets and BAM, ran into this problem you mentioned with the park passes being full for part of our trip. It took me many phone calls to sort it out and I was told multiple times that they would not sell me the 2 8 day tickets because parks were at capacity for days that fell within our trip. I explained that all 4 of us were already included in this capacity because I had already booked our reservations to all the parks. After about 6 hours on the phone (one of the most frustrating experiences of my life!!) a CM graciously accepted payment for $$$$ for us to purchase the tickets. I'm NEVER a last minute planner and I definitely learned my lesson on dragging my feet.

No. WDW doesn't allow it. For the reasons mentioned above. Too many would buy a ticket and argue WDW sold them a ticket they can't fully use as they wish.
Totally get that for single day tickets.
Do not get that for 8 days over a course of 10 days of tickets. If 8 of those 10 days are available, tickets should be sold. I do not believe they intentionally prevent tickets from being sold. I believe no one even bothered to discover this issue even existed.

I do not believe they intentionally prevent tickets from being sold. I believe no one even bothered to discover this issue even existed.
They would have had to add logic to the sales flow to cover this case, which suggests that they did it intentionally. Likewise, the error message seems to indicate that they understand the issue. When I try to buy a 4-day that overlaps the 21st, the web site says (in part):

The date range you selected includes Feb 21, 2022, which is not available. Please pick a new start date for your 4-day ticket.
A human wrote (the template for) that error message, and at least that person knows it happens.

Totally get that for single day tickets.
Do not get that for 8 days over a course of 10 days of tickets. If 8 of those 10 days are available, tickets should be sold. I do not believe they intentionally prevent tickets from being sold. I believe no one even bothered to discover this issue even existed.
They absolutely would not sell me an 8 day ticket if just 1 of the dates my tickets would cover was booked completely. It isn't a great system, but it's been the way it is since they set it up. I checked all other places that sell tickets and they weren't available anywhere. I did see that they sell tickets at the gate even for days where all the passes were gone.

Based on the website language I’d guess it is intentional as well.
But that language includes “Keep in mind, your selection includes 7 valid calendar days so you have the flexibility to visit the theme parks on non-consecutive days” - so if it is intentional, they’re also intentionally ignoring the second part of the language.

If intentional, they should update it to read : “You have the flexibility to visit the theme parks on non-consecutive days” but we’re not gonna let you buy tickets, so no flexibility for you!

:rotfl2:

Last edited:
While we are debating whether or not it was intentional, Saturday through Monday is now fully booked in all four parks for multi-day tickets, and APs are fully booked for Friday through Monday.

It's going to be bonkers this weekend.

They absolutely would not sell me an 8 day ticket if just 1 of the dates my tickets would cover was booked completely. It isn't a great system, but it's been the way it is since they set it up. I checked all other places that sell tickets and they weren't available anywhere. I did see that they sell tickets at the gate even for days where all the passes were gone.
I'm not questioning if they'll sell them. I'm saying that it is an unintended consequence

While we are debating whether or not it was intentional, Saturday through Monday is now fully booked in all four parks for multi-day tickets, and APs are fully booked for Friday through Monday.

It's going to be bonkers this weekend.

Is there a specific reason for the sell out crowds? I was at epcot last Saturday and it was bonkers by the afternoon. Like more crowded than I’ve ever seen epcot in my life. It was nearly impossible to walk past Mexico and China. And yet, we tried everything we wanted from festival of arts, rode a bunch of rides (including remy with 30 minute wait - longest we waited for anything) and got a walk up reservation at Rose and Crown at 5:30pm. It’s like the masses of people were just hanging out in world showcase but not doing anything. I used to think I had a good feel for Disney crowds and their behavior but I have no idea what’s going on anymore.

I think they were all aimlessly wandering in drunken stupors. LOL :P

Dan

Many of them were for sure. But it still seemed strange. Even though you could barely walk around Mexico, Three cabelleros was a walk on. You’d think drunks would wander over to that ride. Also getting a walk up reservation at Rose and Crown so easily seemed weird. After dinner we walked on Nemo, Living with the Land and spaceship earth. Meanwhile the walkways around World Showcase were like Times Square on NYE.

Is there a specific reason for the sell out crowds?
It's President's Week. That's a big vacation week in NE schools (or at least a long weekend). It's usually a busy week.

That pattern isn't that unusual for Epcot during a Festival weekend evening. Future World is quite, but the Party Is On in World Showcase.

Many of them were for sure. But it still seemed strange. Even though you could barely walk around Mexico, Three cabelleros was a walk on. You’d think drunks would wander over to that ride. Also getting a walk up reservation at Rose and Crown so easily seemed weird. After dinner we walked on Nemo, Living with the Land and spaceship earth. Meanwhile the walkways around World Showcase were like Times Square on NYE.

That is weird. Maybe guests just don't want to be in the front of the park with all the walls up and stuff, and prefer the World Showcase since it looks fairly intact right now, (except for the new monstrosities in the lake), unlike the rest of the park which has its sightlines all messed up with the walls.

or perhaps it was the free Genie software in the MDE app that tends to send folks in aimless directions. :)

Dan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter