Canes on rides

Hobbes

DIS Veteran
Are there any rides at DL/DCA where you can't take a walking cane on? I need to use one now and am wondering if I will be OK to take it on with me or need to fold it away? I have posted a separate question re canes at Universal on that forum as I am REALLY wondering how to go on their rides with Michael! (Michael Cane 😜)

The one time I went to Disneyland in California was before I needed a cane all the time, so I can’t specifically answer for that Park. At all the parks in Walt Disney World, at the few rides where you can’t take it on with you (Space Mountain Springs to mind) the CM at boarding will take it and make sure it’s waiting for you at unload. Rides where the cane falling out of the vehicle isn’t an issue, you just take it with you.

Trying to think off the top of my head. The majority of rides at DL/DCA the cane just goes with you. For the ones where it can't (Indy, Big Thunder are 2 that pop into my mind), the CM will take it once you are seated and strapped into the ride and will have it waiting for you when you exit the ride.

Are there any rides at DL/DCA where you can't take a walking cane on? I need to use one now and am wondering if I will be OK to take it on with me or need to fold it away? I have posted a separate question re canes at Universal on that forum as I am REALLY wondering how to go on their rides with Michael! (Michael Cane 😜)
My husband used a collapsible cane on rides and it was fine. Sometimes the CM's asked for it anyway, but ,mostly he just folded it up and put it in his cargo pants pocket - no problem:)

At Disney and Universal if the cane can’t go at your feet an employee will take it and give it back to you after the ride. No need to fold it or do anything special unless you are worried other people stepping on it while you ride. Not a big deal and they do this all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter