Cane on rides?

Ogre

Earning My Ears
I have arthritis in both knees and use a cane to walk. I am wondering if having a cane on rides presents a problem. Will they allow it or is there a place to put it while on a ride?

Any cane users run into this situation?

Thanks in advance,
Ogre

i'm not the expert, but it seems to me that most rides and attractions are of the nature where you could just bring it along side you. there might be some exceptions, such as the rollercoasters, but we carried a duffel bag onto almost everything, and if that was ok, a cane would probably be, too.

i forgot to say that if you have arthritis in both knees and use a cane to walk you might want to give some serious consideration to renting an ecv (scooter). there is SO MUCH walking at WDW. why take a chance of tiring/injuring yourself?

dj

Thanks dj2. You've given me some things to consider while planning for our trip.

Ogre

I will second the suggestion that you consider an ECV rental while at WDW. You can still bring yoru cane & use it for walking short distances. If you scroll down these pages you will find a lot of info from several of us about ECVs at WDW. Have fun planning your trip!

If you do rent an ECV from an off-site company, tell them that you need a cane holder. It is a clip on the rear of the seat and the cane snaps into it, so it does not have to be held.

Originally posted by Ogre
I have arthritis in both knees and use a cane to walk. I am wondering if having a cane on rides presents a problem. Will they allow it or is there a place to put it while on a ride?

Any cane users run into this situation?

Thanks in advance,
Ogre

I used a fold-up cane with a restraining strap to prevent its escape from being folded.

Mostly, I took my cane onto rides with me or sometimes the CM's would take it from me and give it back at the exit. Only once did this go wrong, at Tower of Terror. The CM insisted on taking my cane even though I had previously taken it on with me but when we got off it wasn't there! It took about ten minutes for them to locate it and bring it to me, during which time I was standing leaning on my DH because we had left the wheelchair outside.

Sue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter