Candy Cane schedule, report from the park and other pics

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
The park wasn't especially packed today. I was expecting far worse in view of the marathon. But I was able to get into the parking structure fairly easily, get through security and make it to the park gates pretty quickly. Was at the front of the line for rope drop and was the first on PP this morning. The only negative I'd have to say about today was that it was gray for the entire time. Around 8:45 it looked like it might clear up but that never came to pass.

Here's the candy cane schedule for this year. One of the CMs was nice enough to take it out of the window (it was hard to get a good pic) and brought it out so I could grab a decent photo.

IMG_3335.JPG

Here are several other pics from the park that I thought you'd all enjoy :-).

IMG_3304.JPG

IMG_3307.JPG

IMG_3311.JPG

IMG_3312.JPG

IMG_3313.JPG

IMG_3320.JPG

IMG_3323.JPG

IMG_3324.JPG

IMG_3330.JPG

Last edited:
I didn't go today. Too traumatized Friday I suppose ;)

Thanks for the pictures. I never had the patience for waiting in line to get a wristband to get treats later (candy canes). I do love peppermint though... hmmmm maybe this year.

Those candy cane marshmallow wands look amazing though! Maybe I will settle for those!

I never had the patience for waiting in line to get a wristband to get treats later (candy canes). I do love peppermint though... hmmmm maybe this year.

I got lucky last year and was able to buy a candy cane without a wristband. Must not have been a busy day, I walked up to buy something else and they had some "extra ", so I bought one.

I didn't go today. Too traumatized Friday I suppose ;)

Thanks for the pictures. I never had the patience for waiting in line to get a wristband to get treats later (candy canes). I do love peppermint though... hmmmm maybe this year.

Those candy cane marshmallow wands look amazing though! Maybe I will settle for those!
They are delicious. We've got them twice. In DL, the line took about 2 minutes. In DCA they were handing bands out as we walked down Buena Vista Street, no line at all.

What we learned though, is that they lose their value if you don't eat them while they're fresh. By day 2, they tasted like any other packaged candy cane.

They are delicious. We've got them twice. In DL, the line took about 2 minutes. In DCA they were handing bands out as we walked down Buena Vista Street, no line at all.

What we learned though, is that they lose their value if you don't eat them while they're fresh. By day 2, they tasted like any other packaged candy cane.

Well, maybe this year we will give it a try. Thanks for the updates! We are usually focused on staying ahead of the crowds, so I never thought to try theme get a wristband. I was born and grew up (and still live) within 10 minutes of the parks. Can't believe I have never tried them!

Well, maybe this year we will give it a try. Thanks for the updates! We are usually focused on staying ahead of the crowds, so I never thought to try theme get a wristband. I was born and grew up (and still live) within 10 minutes of the parks. Can't believe I have never tried them!

We've been APs for years and go several times between halloween and christmas and have never had them either. Personally i can't stand candy canes but my kids would like them.

Do you walk straight through the castle, or take the path near Snow White to get to PP?
I always go straight through the castle. Cutting down the Snow White path will only cost you time needlessly and you'll get a bad place in line.

I always go straight through the castle. Cutting down the Snow White path will only cost you time needlessly and you'll get a bad place in line.
Thank you! I've gone to DL many times over the years, but have only ridden PP once due to the lines. Hoping it will work out for us next month.

Thank you! I've gone to DL many times over the years, but have only ridden PP once due to the lines. Hoping it will work out for us next month.
Best of luck. I almost always rope-drop PP and am commonly first on the ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter