Candy Cane Inn room categories

disny_luvr

DIS Veteran
I’m planning on booking the CCI as soon as they release rooms for my dates. Can someone tell me what the difference is between a standard, deluxe, and premium room? Is it size? It looks like the premium room also gets breakfast delivered, but I can’t seem to find anything else about the different categories. Is there a better location to request in terms of street noise? Does room category dictate where your room is located?

One detail that's specifically listed on this page (https://www.candycaneinn.net/rooms.htm) is the size of the rooms being a differentiator.

I've only stayed at CCI three times, with each booking being for a standard room, so I don't have a lot of expertise. But on my first stay, I think we were assigned a larger room, because it had a little hallway leading to a bathroom area. It was nice.

The second and third stays were in what I'd expect to be the standard rooms, with the sink outside and the tub and toilet in a room with a door. All three of my room assignments have been closer to the front of the property and the pool area. With my last visit, which was a few weeks ago, the only noise we heard was the Disneyland fireworks. It was a really pleasant stay because it was quiet.

Occurs to me, maybe call CCI? I called them prior to my most recent stay and they were really helpful with my questions.

Calling is a good idea. I didn’t even think of that.

Our traveling party is my 18-year-old sons, myself, and DH, so we might want some extra space so it doesn’t feel like we are on top of each other. I guess I just need to decide if it is worth paying for the extra space if we aren’t in the room much.

I have usually stayed in a standard room as well. I stayed in a deluxe room once when there were 3 adults. With 4 adults, I think a standard would be quite crowded. I would opt for a bigger room if I were you.

As far as noise is concerned, like the previous poster, we only hear the fireworks.

All three of my room assignments have been closer to the front of the property and the pool area. With my last visit, which was a few weeks ago, the only noise we heard was the Disneyland fireworks. It was a really pleasant stay because it was quiet.
You didn't hear the screams from Guardians? 😁 I've noticed that when my room has been near the front of the property, although only when I had the window open or was out on the walkway.

We've stayed in the premium room, and ours was all the way in the back. It was very nice because we were far from any street noise. The room felt small for our family of 4, but we did love the breakfast delivery.

I’ve stayed at CCI three or four times (before I moved to LA, of course). There was always a small breakfast provided on the pool patio for all guests. Not sure it’s worth much more to pay for a premium room with a delivered breakfast. According to their site, breakfast is still provided.

As an aside, we always loved staying there. Great little place.

Standard rooms at the front, deluxe middle, premium back I believe. We go for deluxe on the south side so you can see the fireworks. Premium rooms are bigger. The breakfast area is lovely, eating in your room with 4 of you might be a wee bit crowded.

How many nights are you staying? If it's a couple of nights, then a regular room would be ok. But with 3 adult males and you, it's going to seem very crowded after a while. Those rooms are pretty small, and if you can, I'd go for a bigger room. I felt crowded in a regular room when it was just my (adult) daughter and me.

It is a very nice motel for sure and their pastries were excellent--not the usual motel pastries at all.

Standard rooms at the front, deluxe middle, premium back I believe. We go for deluxe on the south side so you can see the fireworks. Premium rooms are bigger. The breakfast area is lovely, eating in your room with 4 of you might be a wee bit crowded.

Do you know if only same room types connect? Or is it possible to have a Deluxe and Standard room connect in the area where the two room types meet?

How many nights are you staying? If it's a couple of nights, then a regular room would be ok. But with 3 adult males and you, it's going to seem very crowded after a while. Those rooms are pretty small, and if you can, I'd go for a bigger room. I felt crowded in a regular room when it was just my (adult) daughter and me.

It is a very nice motel for sure and their pastries were excellent--not the usual motel pastries at all.

We are staying for four nights. I think we are going with the deluxe room. We are going to have a lot of suitcases and stuff with us because we’ll be out in CA for a little over two weeks. We thought a little extra space would be nice.

We are going to go with the deluxe, too. Do you ask for a room on the south side when you check in? We don’t want to eat in the room. We’d all actually rather get our own breakfast than have it delivered.

No I think you'd need to have rooms of the same type. Send an email requesting where you want to be, e.g upstairs on the south side near the outdoor tables. Those are handy for eating at.

I’m planning on booking the CCI as soon as they release rooms for my dates. Can someone tell me what the difference is between a standard, deluxe, and premium room? Is it size? It looks like the premium room also gets breakfast delivered, but I can’t seem to find anything else about the different categories. Is there a better location to request in terms of street noise? Does room category dictate where your room is located?
We booked a premium room. What it had over the basic rooms was a bigger square footage, breakfast delivered to your door, turn down service, free DVD rentals, late checkout, microwave, & some sort of free gift. Not sure what but I’ve seen pictures of a basket with teddy bears and water bottles or something. Not sure what the deluxe gets but probably some of the same.

We mainly upgraded to have a quiet breakfast delivered since we will be dealing with crowds all day long and I hate being around people lol

We stayed in a premium room in June and we are a family of 4 with two teenage boys. It was enough space for us. We absolutely loved having breakfast delivered because it helped wake up our kids. lol. They were excited to eat all the goodies. The welcome basket was super nice as well, loaded with snacks that both my boys enjoyed eating throughout our stay. Our room was at the very back of the hotel, on the 2nd floor. It was SO quiet! We even noticed that we didn’t hear the maids walk by with their cleaning cart. The only noise we heard was the shuttle trolley back up occasionally (it helped when in reverse).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter