• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Candy Cane Inn reopening date?

Yes we have been staying at the Springhill Suites while the Candy Cane is closed. Only a bit farther, the breakfast there is pretty good, and the CVS is convenient. However the maintenance there was lacking and needs a complete overhaul. Surprising since it is so new.
This was our first stay there and we were underwhelmed. The breakfast was infrequently stocked and often out of items, the conditioner ran out in the bathroom (so clearly housekeeping was not checking between stays), there was only a tiny thin blanket for the sofabed and the sofabed was only twin size (not sure how that would sleep 2), half the outlets were unusable because the connection was so loose the plugs fell out, the pool was tiny. We stayed one night at the Best Western Raffles before moving to the Springhill and found that to be a much better value and layout for a suite room (with two full bathrooms and a door between the two rooms).

How is the noise from their shuttle bus coming and going from morning til night? I worry about that. At Park Vue last month, one of the guests had a super loud vehicle and it drove me crazy every time they'd leave (which thankfully wasn't that often, unlike a shuttle.)

How is the noise from their shuttle bus coming and going from morning til night? I worry about that. At Park Vue last month, one of the guests had a super loud vehicle and it drove me crazy every time they'd leave (which thankfully wasn't that often, unlike a shuttle.)
Not bad at all. I honestly never heard it but we always book the premium room at the back of the property.

The shuttle is parked at the front of the hotel, and I doubt most people hear it at all. We stayed in a Premium room, which is at the back. I don't remember the shuttle being especially loud. The way the hotel is set up I'm not even sure if any rooms are in the area where it parks, at least not on the first floor. Maybe someone else remembers it better than I do, though.

I've never stayed in a Premium room and also never heard the shuttle coming and going. Though I don't spend much time in the room except for sleeping. However, of course just like any set up where the room door open to a courtyard or parking, there's still going to be the chance of hearing guests driving in or out.

The Candy cane's shuttle bus-what is the schedule during the day? I see a lot of hotels are only hourly (or even less) buses during day time hours but we want to be able to go back for a siesta and return in the evening?

The Candy cane's shuttle bus-what is the schedule during the day? I see a lot of hotels are only hourly (or even less) buses during day time hours but we want to be able to go back for a siesta and return in the evening?
They run every 30 minutes all day long. The only time it wasn't running was when the driver took a lunch break, and they had someone else drive us over in a van.

They run every 30 minutes all day long. The only time it wasn't running was when the driver took a lunch break, and they had someone else drive us over in a van.
That's great-thanks for replying so quickly. I think we are going to book for September next year.

OMG-we just booked it.... Thank you for all your comments about CCI cos its just helped us make up our mind...life is too short and too precious to waste another year!

Do you know what time the shuttle starts? I emailed them and they said "typically 30 minutes before the park opens". Isn't that too late to make rope drop?

I am so incredibly glad I held onto our back up hotel reservations for next week. I just received a cancellation notice for our Thursday-Monday reservation. Hopefully others in the same boat also had back up reservations.

View attachment 700529
Oh no! I can't believe they had to delay it again. I'm so glad you had a back-up hotel. What a disappointment, though.

I am so incredibly glad I held onto our back up hotel reservations for next week. I just received a cancellation notice for our Thursday-Monday reservation. Hopefully others in the same boat also had back up reservations.

View attachment 700529
I was at Disneyland last week, staying at Hyatt House and walking by CCI every day to go to the parks. I told my wife that it didn't look like they would be ready for September. The first big room (assuming to be the lobby) had nothing on it, construction still happening. It's too bad for those that had reservations for the first few weeks :(.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter