• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Candy Cane Inn reopening date?

tinytinkmom

I work to support my vacation habit!
Any updates on when the Candy Cane Inn will reopen? I see their website just says “spring 2022”.

Their FB page still says Spring 2022. They post pictures there of the construction going on. I was able to book for May and June on their site. Crossing fingers they will be open.

Well, it looks like they won’t be open in March. We were supposed to stay March 23-29, and I was getting concerned about the remodel not being completed in time. Sure enough, I just got a reservation cancellation email tonight (after posting my question), which said:

“Greetings,
We regret to inform you that your upcoming reservation has been cancelled due to the continued closure of our hotel. Unfortunately we have experienced a significant setback that will affect our reopening timeline. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please call us to re-book for a future date.”

We actually just called to make reservations for September. While they did not have an exact reopening date, they did hope to be open by summer.

I cancelled my May reservation with CCI. I didn't want to get all the way to spring, have the reservation cancelled by them, and then have to scramble to find a room.

I just got the same cancellation email for our trip March 26-April 3! I am so disappointed!

Luckily I made a backup reservation for the HOJO where our room is the same price, but its going to be more expensive because I'll have to pay for parking... and breakfast.... also no free shuttle. Totally bummed out! Dang it. Maybe I'll do another swing through the hotel options to see if there's anything else in our price range.

I follow their IG and the pictures they've posted recently make it look like not anytime soon.
Yeah- today I saw what looked like the START of renovations to the pool area and reception. It is a very slow renovation. I’m no longer holding my breath on this one.

And crossing fingers their prices aren’t too high when they reopen. This is a long closure!

Got an email today cancelling my reservations for Dapper Day weekend (April 22-24). Fortunately we had already decided to splurge on the Grand Californian so I wasn't dependent on the reservation but for the foreseeable future I would highly advise booking a back up refundable reservation at a different hotel even if Candy Cane is accepting reservations. Crossing my fingers at this point that they'll finally be reopen in time for our July trip.

Hi folks, could someone in Anaheim who is walking by the Candy Cane give us an update on what you are seeing? I know when we walked by months ago it was clearly a significant construction zone.

A photo would be even better if you can can take one of the status or any signage from the sidewalk (don't trespass of course.)

Walked by last Wednesday and there was significant exterior work being done still. I did see a landscaper adding some plants around the fountain. Sorry, didn't take a picture.

Hi folks, could someone in Anaheim who is walking by the Candy Cane give us an update on what you are seeing? I know when we walked by months ago it was clearly a significant construction zone.

A photo would be even better if you can can take one of the status or any signage from the sidewalk (don't trespass of course.)

They have posted some pictures on their FB page. the last one was a few weeks ago.

We have reservations for June, so my DH reached out to them. They told him that they are planning to re-open in May.

We have reservations for June as well, but I booked another hotel as a backup, just in case (that I can cancel up to 3 days before the trip). Construction delays are a real problem, and you don't want to be trying to find something at the last minute if they are delayed. Just a thought. Enjoy your trip :)

We have reservations for June as well, but I booked another hotel as a backup, just in case (that I can cancel up to 3 days before the trip). Construction delays are a real problem, and you don't want to be trying to find something at the last minute if they are delayed. Just a thought. Enjoy your trip :)

We've been thinking about doing that but haven't agreed on any place yet.

I just received a cancellation email today for May 18-22.

Greetings,
We regret to inform you that your upcoming reservation has been cancelled due to the continued closure of our hotel. Unfortunately, our construction schedule was affected by delays in production. We will not be opened during your dates in May. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your continued support. Please call us back for any questions or to re-book for a future date.

Thank you,
Reservations
Candy Cane Inn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter