• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Candy Cane Inn or Par Vue Inn

PrincessIM

Mouseketeer
Need help trying to decide between the Candy Cane inn or Park Vue Inn for our stay in August. Both seem to have what we are looking for ...free parking, free wifi & free breakfast, close distance to parks. Is one more updated then the other? Better pool at one or the other? Travelling with dh, dd14 & DS 10. We will be taking afternoon breaks and looking for a decent pool area. Looking for your opinions even if you've only stayed at one of them. TIA!!!

We always stay at CCI. We love it there. They are friendly, and the place looks cute. You can see my pics by clicking on the link in my sig. Wifi has improved greatly since we first started going there. Have not had any wifi issues in recent visits.

Need help trying to decide between the Candy Cane inn or Park Vue Inn for our stay in August. Both seem to have what we are looking for ...free parking, free wifi & free breakfast, close distance to parks. Is one more updated then the other? Better pool at one or the other? Travelling with dh, dd14 & DS 10. We will be taking afternoon breaks and looking for a decent pool area. Looking for your opinions even if you've only stayed at one of them. TIA!!!

If you are looking for close, then definitely go with the Park Vue Inn! We've never stayed at Candy Cane but have stayed at PVI twice and you really can't beat the location and the breakfast is decent as well.

Also LOVE the Candy Cane Inn. Nice relaxing grounds, decent breakfast, lots of parking and GREAT customer service! You get the impression that management really cares-swift response to any inquiries and always willing to help out. Not as close, but a quick easy walk on the same side of Harbor Blvd. as the park entrances. If you do not want to walk, they have a dedicated shuttle that is always on time. Pool is nothing special, but fine for a fun swim....not large, but not tiny either..... I'd always choose CCI for off site stays!

My BIL has stayed at CCI twice with his DD and loves it!!

They hit the parks hard and find that the walk to the parks from there is very manageable even after spending the entire day at the parks.

Another vote for the CCI! The customer service is wonderful. The private shuttle is a big plus. I've read some reports on this board about very bad experiences with the management at the Park Vue, so I've never even tried staying there. CCI has never disappointed us or any friends who've stayed there.

So glad to hear the positive remarks about the CCI! I too was trying to decide between Park Vue, CCI and Hojo's (we have stayed here in the past and liked it very much). I ended up choosing CCI because we plan to take mid-day breaks and I think the shuttle will be heaven-sent rather than hoofing it 4 times a day. There were a couple reviews that mention the Park Vue is noisy...the CCI just appealed to me more visually.

Park Vue is our favorite motel. The walk to and from the parks can't be beat, and the breakfast is hot. It's so nice to just cross the street and be back "home."

I love the PVI. I stayed there for 16 nights over 2 stays in 2013-2014. Management was fantastic and customer service was fantastic. Hot breakfast everyday was a real money saver and the location can't be beat.... and no waiting for a shuttle.:woohoo:

PVI would be my choice out of those two. I like the hot breakfast there and the short walk across the street. No waiting for a bus.

But I've always heard good things about the CCI so either way you will get a decent place to stay. But for me nothing beats the short walk the PVI gives you. And I like making my own waffles for breakfast too!

We've done park Vue inn several times and would never stay anywhere else again. You cannot beat the location, the breakfast is great (make your own waffles, tater tots and coffee are the best breakfast foods I could ask for) and we found the management extremely helpful.
Example one: hubby and I were staying here for the last 3days of the honeymoon, on our way back from Hawaii to the east coast. While in Hawaii we had some things stolen, including our ids. We miraculously got on the plane in kauai with out them, but knew there would be no chance of getting through lax. We had my parents fedex our passports to the hotel. We let the front desk know they were coming, and we were sent a text in the park as soon as they arrived (even before FedEx updated the tracking info) and were told to take our time in the park, the package would be waiting for us in the front desks safe.
Example 2: we ran out of sun screen and had to buy a full size bottle the last day of a trip. My parents happened to be arriving a few days later, and the front desk let us leave it for them. This was something they didn't have to do but was very helpful. (We all do carry-on exclusively, so no liquids over 3 oz could travel).

We love Candy Cane. Didn't like the way Park Vue handled bed bugs issue with friends.

As far as pools, both have their pool in the parking lot. Slight preference to Candy Cane on the pool.

We stay at Disney property when we can, but CCI is so much less expensive, we stay there often. (It's usually in the $150 - $170 range, even for a deluxe room at off times). They added something on our last trip - for a deluxe room, they bring breakfast to you - carafe of coffee, fruit, cereal, pastries, bagels, etc.

The pool is fine, but not large. Close enough to walk, and shuttle is always timely (2 times per hour), if you don't want to walk. We've always found it clean and, most importantly to us, the beds are very comfortable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter