Candlelight Processional

My ADR window opens tomorrow and I’m hoping for Le Cellier, and we’d also like the 5:15 show. When I play around with the availablity at other restaurants I see now (just to test), it seems the reservation time for the meal automatically gets assigned a show. Even 11:30 at Coral Reef had the 7 show.

Any idea what reservation times get the earliest show? I’m not above eating steak at 11:30am but I’d rather not 😂
In the recent years past, in general, earlier meals got the earlier shows because you had to eat before the show because you got your seating voucher at dinner (in the way past, it was possible to eat after the show because you paid ahead and got your voucher before you went to dinner). I have seen many earlier meals attached to later shows this time, though. That may be because of which meal times were available (I.e. not enough later meal times to fill the latest show). Seems more people want to see the earlier shows, so those book up first.

My ADR window opens tomorrow and I’m hoping for Le Cellier, and we’d also like the 5:15 show. When I play around with the availablity at other restaurants I see now (just to test), it seems the reservation time for the meal automatically gets assigned a show. Even 11:30 at Coral Reef had the 7 show.

Any idea what reservation times get the earliest show? I’m not above eating steak at 11:30am but I’d rather not 😂
I was able to book Le Cellier at 1:20 pm for the 5:15 show on 12/13 (Gloria Estefan is the narrator). I used the MDE mobile app which showed what show time each available CP reservation was assigned to.

Book it on the app on phone - that lets you see / pick the available showtime, too.

I’m planning a last minute trip to see CP on Nov 28. Had no idea the dining packages booked up so quickly!!

I want to try for the same-day dining package at Regal Eagle. Any idea if those are hard to get?

This is only the 2nd year they've done day of dining packages for the CP and AFAIK they weren't difficult to obtain last year.
That’s good to know. I’ll have to pay attention as people try to get them this year. :) I won’t be at the park until later in the day - flying in for a conference so I’m squeezing this in. At least it’s just me - if it works, great. If not, plan B of waiting in line.

I’ve never seen the CP but know my parents would really enjoy this. If we’re not booking a package, what are the chances of getting a seat to the 5:15 show? And how early do you need to be there? My Dad can’t stand for long periods of time.

I’ve never seen the CP but know my parents would really enjoy this. If we’re not booking a package, what are the chances of getting a seat to the 5:15 show? And how early do you need to be there? My Dad can’t stand for long periods of time.
People line up for the standby seats an hour or more before the performance, especially for the more popular narrators. I don't know if there are provisions for your group to get in line, establish that you're a group, then let your dad leave to sit down somewhere. Would he consider renting a wheelchair or using a rollator? That would allow him to be seated while y'all wait.

I’ve seen the standby line go all the way back to the China Pavilion. Many seats are taken by those with CP dining packages so the number of standby seats is limited. If the line seems longer than you want to wait, you can try to find a seat around the America pavilion. You won’t see anything but you will be able to listen.

People line up for the standby seats an hour or more before the performance, especially for the more popular narrators. I don't know if there are provisions for your group to get in line, establish that you're a group, then let your dad leave to sit down somewhere. Would he consider renting a wheelchair or using a rollator? That would allow him to be seated while y'all wait.
I’m not aware that they allow handicapped seating in early. I asked several years ago and was told no.

May not be good business sense, but the current system is discriminatory toward smaller groups. Biergarten (one of the places named above) used to be communal tables, I don’t think they have gone back to it, but I will be looking to make a CP booking for 1. Perhaps Disney needs to think about more flexible seating arrangements where they can have a table of 4 or two tables of 2.
But, Biergarten surprisingly has plenty of tables for 6, but none for 5 on my date to be in EPCOT.

Ok yeah we will probably have to do that. We are eating at 4:15 so I guess we’ll plan for the next show then. Unfortunately no he will not use a wheelchair or anything, “he’s fine” 😉 Thank you for your help!

Any advice on when to get to the day-of restaurants? If EP opens at 9 do we rope drop the restaurant? When do the restaurants usually open? I'm looking at Spice Road.

Any advice on when to get to the day-of restaurants? If EP opens at 9 do we rope drop the restaurant? When do the restaurants usually open? I'm looking at Spice Road.
Spice Road Table opens at 11:30 am. The other same-day CP dining package location (Regal Eagle Smokehouse) opens at 11:45 am.

But, Biergarten surprisingly has plenty of tables for 6, but none for 5 on my date to be in EPCOT.
In which case, you book for 6. Then call Disney Dining… they will happily change it to 5. Why it doesn’t allow you to book the 5 straight away is one of the many mysteries of the online booking site and Disney tech! Lol

Thanks. I guess I'll wait til CP starts and ask if people had luck getting in line at Spice Road right at 11:30.

In which case, you book for 6. Then call Disney Dining… they will happily change it to 5. Why it doesn’t allow you to book the 5 straight away is one of the many mysteries of the online booking site and Disney tech! Lol
Disney dining likes even numbers for parties - four rather than three, six rather than five, etc. If you got a table for six for a party of five, you don't need to change anything with Disney Dining. When you show up at the restaurant, just tell them that there will only be five. It won't be an issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter