Candlelight Processional

When October 6th occurs the dinner package will be available on the website to book a restaurant through. I’m assuming they will drop a bunch of reservations then because we are going after thanksgiving and there was not much availability in Epcot.

Dinner Packages

I just can't decide which one to choose! I'm a little tired of Rose and Crown and Garden Grill, Le Cellier is more than I want to spend, my husband doesn't care for Biergarten, and I haven't heard good things about Coral Reef. BBQ - just ok? Spice Road - maybe?

I'm hoping to do it on 12/14 - it's my birthday and I love Gloria Estefan!
Does this mean that the R&C Fireworks packages won’t be available? I want to book it for 12/4.

Does this mean that the R&C Fireworks packages won’t be available? I want to book it for 12/4.
Special dining events apparently don't follow the usual 60 day window. We were looking at Harmonious package at the R&C and off of various message threads on this board, came to the conclusion that Disney will release them when they release them. I'm currently within my 60+10 day window right now for my December trip, and Harmonious dining doesn't appear available yet for my dates. Not "no availability" just not available period for any bookings.

When October 6th occurs the dinner package will be available on the website to book a restaurant through. I’m assuming they will drop a bunch of reservations then because we are going after thanksgiving and there was not much availability in Epcot.
I have never booked a dining package before, so I'm not sure what to expect on October 6. Do you book Dining packages based on the time you want to have dinner or the time you want to see the show? Or, is it a combination of both? Do you go to the website for the dining package or the page for the restaurant?

I have never booked a dining package before, so I'm not sure what to expect on October 6. Do you book Dining packages based on the time you want to have dinner or the time you want to see the show? Or, is it a combination of both? Do you go to the website for the dining package or the page for the restaurant?
It has been a long time since I've booked one (over 10 years) but I'm in the same boat now too. As there is definitely a fixed capacity at the amphitheater where the CP is held, I'm 99% certain you would pick the location with a performance time included (three options available). There is no way they could allow everyone to select the 7:00pm performance only to have it filled to capacity and over booked. I just don't recall how it looks when you go to book it.

It has been a long time since I've booked one (over 10 years) but I'm in the same boat now too. As there is definitely a fixed capacity at the amphitheater where the CP is held, I'm 99% certain you would pick the location with a performance time included (three options available). There is no way they could allow everyone to select the 7:00pm performance only to have it filled to capacity and over booked. I just don't recall how it looks when you go to book it.
Yes. Each dinner package is linked to a specific show time. And, if it’s the same as years past, you must have your meal prior to the show, so very early reservation times have been the norm lately, including late morning (the website mentioned breakfast, but few of the restaurants included offer a breakfast menu, so this is a little confusing to me).

Our ADR booking date is Oct. 6, so would it be better to try for Be Our Guest (difficult anytime but probably even harder due to the date wanted being a party day) or Candlelight Processional? A lot more people will be online trying to book on the 6th, as some have already passed their original ADR booking date and will now be trying to book CP. We decided to only try for these two reservations for this trip. I could end up with neither if I make the wrong choice!

Our ADR booking date is Oct. 6, so would it be better to try for Be Our Guest (difficult anytime but probably even harder due to the date wanted being a party day) or Candlelight Processional? A lot more people will be online trying to book on the 6th, as some have already passed their original ADR booking date and will now be trying to book CP. We decided to only try for these two reservations for this trip. I could end up with neither if I make the wrong choice!
Last year was a fiasco with some people bragging about taking 5 CP dining package reservations. I expect a lot of IT issues (sadly, that is also my ADR start date). It’s hard to recommend which one of yours to try first. Are you trying for both for the same day?

Last year was a fiasco with some people bragging about taking 5 CP dining package reservations. I expect a lot of IT issues (sadly, that is also my ADR start date). It’s hard to recommend which one of yours to try first. Are you trying for both for the same day?
No. BOG is one day earlier than CP. I don't have a lot of hope that we will get BOG this time, so I am leaning towards just trying for CP since Thursday is first day for everyone, whereas BOG is probably already gone for our date. Wish I could find that out to save the trouble, but oh, well.... Good luck Thursday - we are both going to need it!

FYI: last year, the CP packages were listed in MDE dining area as “ EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays presented by Advent Health-Candlelight Processional Dining Packages”. When you tap on that, it showed restaurants and times.

What time on October 6 will the reservations become available?
Assuming it follows normal reservation protocols, you can phone in starting at 7:00am EST or you can be online at 6:00EST to make your reservation. I know just the other day I was up at 5:00 (I'm CST) and since as the clock ticked over to 5:00am I was able to book a regular ADR. I can only assume CP will work the same.

Yes. Each dinner package is linked to a specific show time. And, if it’s the same as years past, you must have your meal prior to the show, so very early reservation times have been the norm lately, including late morning (the website mentioned breakfast, but few of the restaurants included offer a breakfast menu, so this is a little confusing to me).
Feast on fabulous food for lunch or dinner!

This is on Disney's CP page. To me that means breakfast, at least for now, is not included on any listed CP dining package.

FYI: last year, the CP packages were listed in MDE dining area as “ EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays presented by Advent Health-Candlelight Processional Dining Packages”. When you tap on that, it showed restaurants and times.
Unfortunately I don't think that level of detail will present itself until the packages open on October 6th. For now, you only see participating restaurants and cost levels, nothing regarding times.

No. BOG is one day earlier than CP. I don't have a lot of hope that we will get BOG this time, so I am leaning towards just trying for CP since Thursday is first day for everyone, whereas BOG is probably already gone for our date. Wish I could find that out to save the trouble, but oh, well.... Good luck Thursday - we are both going to need it!
Not knowing your travel plans or if you are on property or not, but one suggestion, if you have the length of stay and are on property, is to look at the +10 range of days. I just hit our window yesterday and while one of my desired locations wasn't available on day 1 or 2, I had no issues getting it later around day 7. My own personal opinion, if I had to choose between the two, CP would win hands down. Good luck, hoping you catch some pixie dust.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter