Candlelight Processional worth it?

Nanabug02

DIS Veteran
OK, so DH and I are planning a short trip for a few days right before Christmas. I was thinking about doing the Candlelight Processional lunch package, but I really don't know much about it. Is the show worth the time? It's one of the things we've never done. And if we have the package, how far in advance do we need to get to the show?

Also, if we did the lunch package at Chefs de France, do we get to order any appetizer, entree and dessert from the menu? Or do they limit you to certain ones?

Any info is appreciated! Thanks!

Personally, my husband and I think it's worth doing every trip - and we'll be doing it twice this trip! I can't quite describe how much we love this show, but suffice it to say, if you're at all into live choir music, Christmas music, enjoy hearing the Christmas story (a celebrity reads short Bible passages between songs), any of that, you're likely to adore it.

A few days before Christmas, I'd definitely get the lunch packages. The parks will be crowded. Since there's only two of you, you shouldn't have too much trouble find a seat, but I'd still aim to be in the Package line about an hour before the show.

And yes, you do get to order any appetizer, entree and dessert you like (as far as I know - I haven't tried the Chefs yet, but we've enjoyed the package at other restaurants, and that's always been the rule). The waiter often recommends the priciest, most unique, items on the menu! ;) Plus you get a non-alcoholic drink included. It's always way too much food for us.

Thank you so much for your quick response!! This is exactly the info I needed. I LOVE music, so I'm pretty sure I would really enjoy it. Plus, seeing just a few days before Christmas will make it all the more moving, I'm sure. I'll probably tear up. Lol

Nope. We did it last year. Never again. Expensive, and then you basically have to rush and get in line and stand there for over an hour to get in and get a seat, and that is WITH the CP lunch or dinner package. Next time, we'll watch from outside the ropes. You can see/hear just as well even as far back as the American Experience.

We also do the CP dining package twice each Christmas season. I especially enjoy Chefs d France, either lunch or dinner, DH likes Biergarten because of the food and the show they have.

As far as the CP itself goes, every other choir, Christmas presentation seems lame to us comparatively speaking. There is an exception, we have season passes to Dollywood, and their Country Christmas show is better, but it is a show, a real celebration of down home country Christmas in every sense of the word.

I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

Bobbi

Nope. We did it last year. Never again. Expensive, and then you basically have to rush and get in line and stand there for over an hour to get in and get a seat, and that is WITH the CP lunch or dinner package. Next time, we'll watch from outside the ropes. You can see/hear just as well even as far back as the American Experience.

Maybe I'm just overly sensitive to echo and reverb, but I found the sound was not at all as good from the American Experience, though I've heard other people say the same thing as you. So, it could definitely be just me.

But, it's still not much fun standing for the entire show. ;)

Once we got to the theater area early, and we listened to the show before ours from outside the theater, in front of the American Experience. For us, the acoustics were definitely better inside the theater. The narration was much better heard from inside.

A special event IMO is always worth attempting once to see how you like it. Then it is up to you how to proceed if deciding to do it again. Best of luck in your decision :)

We love it, we go every time we are there at Christmas time. We always get the package and think it is worth it. Yes you do have to get in a long line but you are guaranteed a seat. I cry at then end every time. It is so beautiful!

This is one of my favorite Christmas traditions, we go twice every year (once to see NPH, then again closer to Christmas once my family arrives.) We always eat at Chefs de France for at least one of the meals, we like the food and I think it has a festive atmosphere. We have a 2-year old, so the package is worth it for us, no way would we be standing in the back holding him so he could see for the whole show. It's much more immersive if you're in the theatre.

We go every year we go over the holidays. When we go over Christmas we make sure we see it on Christmas Eve. We alsmot always eat at chefs de France as well. It really is a great meal. I thoroughly enjoy it and it really gets me in a the Christmas spirit.

Thanks for all the info above, very useful! DH is hearing impaired (but does not need sign language) and either way, he's not going to hear what the narrator says. I think we'll just enjoy the show and music outside the ropes; sounds like it will be very lovely!

Thanks for all the info above, very useful! DH is hearing impaired (but does not need sign language) and either way, he's not going to hear what the narrator says. I think we'll just enjoy the show and music outside the ropes; sounds like it will be very lovely!

If does know sign language, the interpreter they have is awesome. She is so into it and she comes alive while signing. She was as interesting to watch as the regular show. You could tell she loved what she does.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter