Candlelight Processional - When To Line Up?

PolyPal

Mouseketeer
I was not able to get a Candlelight Processional Dining Package reservation for our only evening in Epcot (Sunday, December 3rd). I keep looking but nothing has opened up. I know that other than the reserved section, seating is first come - first served. So how far in advance do you need to arrive and line up? John Stamos is the narrator, so I expect he will be popular.

Thanks for advice.

I was not able to get a Candlelight Processional Dining Package reservation for our only evening in Epcot (Sunday, December 3rd). I keep looking but nothing has opened up. I know that other than the reserved section, seating is first come - first served. So how far in advance do you need to arrive and line up? John Stamos is the narrator, so I expect he will be popular.

Thanks for advice.

How much do you want to see the show? If it is really important to you, I would line up no later than 90 minutes before the first of the three shows. There may already be a line, but you stand a better chance of getting into one of the three shows that way. Waiting in the standby line for a popular narrator requires a fairly large time investment, no way around it.

If you simply want to listen, and maybe catch a glimpse of the narrator, people usually stand along the outside of the theater. I have often paused long enough to see the narrator and choir and then found a nearby bench to listen instead of watch.

Obviously the best option is to keep trying for a CP dining package. Don’t forget to stop by Regal Eagle as soon as they open that day to see if any day-of packages are available. Good luck!

Thanks for advice.
I will be there 12/3 as well. Good luck. I will keep looking for a dining cancellation as the date comes closer. I want to see John Stamos, however, I doubt my husband will commit all day to waiting in line with me. LOL

We have a CP dining reservation for a 7:00 CP show. How early should we line up for the show?

Also, how picky are about your seats? Any short people in the group?

We walked by at 6 on Monday Nov 27 (a pretty low crowd day), and there were a good 100 people already in line in the dining package line for the 7 pm show

I’ve got a dining pkg for a Brendan Fraser 8.30pm show - do you think half an hour before is too late to line up?

I’ve got a dining pkg for a Brendan Fraser 8.30pm show - do you think half an hour before is too late to line up?
Yes! He is going to be very, very popular. They start letting standby in 15 minutes before at the latest.

Yes! He is going to be very, very popular. They start letting standby in 15 minutes before at the latest.
I definitely want to be in before standby or no point in having the dining pkg, but I was hoping to avoid big queues! Very naive I know! Hmm, so are you suggesting an hour before the start?

I definitely want to be in before standby or no point in having the dining pkg, but I was hoping to avoid big queues! Very naive I know! Hmm, so are you suggesting an hour before the start?
Probably at least an hour. Sorry. He's very popular. 45 minutes would get you in but definitely at the back and maybe not even covered.

The following post was right above yours and seems to indicate the need to get there early. It was for Luis Fonzi. He's new. I have never heard of him, so...

https://www.disboards.com/threads/candlelight-processional-when-to-line-up.3933242/post-65181816

Based on my Wednesday experience when it was supposed to be Ann Margaret - people were lining up for at least an hour beforehand - so your call -

I planned a last minute trip for next week, and was able to nab a dining package for Tuesday (John Stamos AND Luminous premiere) using MouseSavers two days ago. And I have since gotten about 4 other alerts.

We lined up this past Saturday at about 6, just as the first show was ending. We were in the second switchback in the large area by the water. People were entering from standby right until it started and the theater was not quite full. Stnadby was being directed to the back. I use a transport chair in the parks due to disabilities and we were directed to the front. There was room for two more chairs/scooters to my left when I was seated and the accessible seats at the back were empty.

Observations from the 5:15 pm/7 pm CP with John Stamos last night:
At 5 pm, people in the dining package for the 5:15 pm show were already seated. The standby line was starting to fill in the rest, but it didn't look like everyone got in, and I don't know when they started their lineup.

Several people with dining packages for the 7 pm show were lined up by 5 pm. We chose to go get food and wander World Showcase, but got in line at 6 pm. The line had grown considerably by then, and got even longer by the time they let us in about 6:30, but there was room for all. A portion of the standby line got in.

I just attended the 5:15 John Stamos show. I lined up about 75 minutes before the show because the line was growing. It was his first performance and first night so maybe it was busier than usual, but I'd say 60 to 75 minutes early if you'd like to select a decent viewing area. Bring a poncho in case in rains, as no umbrellas are allowed.

We are going the night of Joey McIntire. Think we need to be in line super early? I've never done CP so I don't know who is considered popular.

Observations from 12/6 Wednesday with Neil Patrick Harris

The 5:15 show was completely full (as expected) but by 5:20 PM both the Reserved and Standby lines had at least 100 people in each (unexpected).

It was a cool and windy day and that didn't seem to stop the enthusiasm to see the show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter