Candlelight Processional Reservation Times

ginnymack

Mouseketeer
We are thinking about doing Le Cellier dining pkg for dh's birthday. I know the first show accomodates those with lunch ressies. What time would you have to have a ressie for the later showings?

I am trying to strike a balance keeping the kids somewhat on a schedule for meals and bed! ;)

Thanks!

There are certain "slots" of meal times for each show. We did the last show and had a 5:30 dinner reservation.

I found some info from last year that said

for the 6:45 show, reservations are from 3:30- 4:15 pm

for the 8:00 show, reservations are from 5-5:45 pm

You will need to call very early (7am) on the first day of your 180 days or be online at 12:01am. This is a very difficult ressie to snag. It's well worth the effort, but ressies go very quickly for Le Cellier.

ick...that is what I was afraid of! I guess a very early dinner it will have to be! I guess I know how I will be spending a few snack credits! ;)

Thanks for your help and the advice for getting a jump on the ressie. I was already planning to get up early and make our ressies - you confirmed that I was on the right track!

Online usually switches over for the next day at 6am est...

I don't think they book the Candlelight packages online - I think you have to call for those. And you can't convert an already booked ADR to a Candlelight package. You would have to cancel your ADR and book the package if available. As to whether you would have to cancel before or after booking the package - that I don't know. But just because you have an ADR booked at Le Cellier for the evening you want your CP package doesn't mean you'll get a CP package at Le Cellier.

hmmm...that could be a wrinkle. Do they post the packages prior to 180 days out so I could still make a ressie that day? If I am online before the phone lines open, am I better off trying for a ressie for the time I *really* want (assuming that the package may not happen) or trying for a "placeholder" ressie that they could cancel at the time of booking the package?

We are looking at doing this for dh's birthday. I think it is something he will LOVE doing if I can make it happen for him!

Thanks again!

Yes, the CP packages needed to be booked over the phone last year I believe.

Also - they are not always available when the regular booking window opens - I don't know what they did last year (seems like it was later than 180 days), but the prior year ALL the CP reservations opened on the same day - it was in June.

As for a placeholder ressie - you can't change a regular ADR to the package, but you could book something as a back-up. So if you can't get the CP package you would still have an ADR for dinner that day.

On the plus side, I think they keep the package inventory separate from the regular ADR inventory, because of the delay in booking the packages. Seems like it's been late summer or even early fall before the packages can be booked - so if they didn't keep any inventory back all the restaurants would be completely booked. It was late enough that all of the CP dates would have fallen well within the booking window for regular ADR's, so everything opened up at once. It's a hectic morning all the way around when they open those up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter