Candlelight Processional Question

ohiodad

Mouseketeer
when you book a candlelight processional package do you pay for it at the time of booking or when you get there, also can you cancel and get a refund(going with 3 small children), thanks

Hi Ohiodad,

The CP is a prepaid ressie.... I bought mine the other day... there is a 48hr cancellation policy. The CM i had was great at explaining it all to me - she said the show would go on rain or shine...

Hope this helps,

:jester:

You did not say what date you are looking to go to CP.If you are going in early December you could wait and on your arrival book CP.If you are going closer to Christmas you need to book now.If you cancel do it at least 48 hours in advance to get full refund.Sometimes I've observed small children get bored mid way through CP.:earsboy: :sunny: :wave: :earsgirl:

You pay in advance for the dinner. Everyone receives an appetizer, a salad, entree and dessert. I thought it was a pretty good deal overall, although I was skeptical when we saw the line forming outside the theatre. I didn't ever think we would get in...the line was backed up to Morrocco. Those without the package line up toward Italy and Germany (also a huge line) and those with the dinner package line up the other way so it was a worry that we would actually get seated. All was well, though. Everyone in the CP line was seated first followed by the standby line. I would highly recommend it. The show was spectacular.

After reading about this on Deb's site... I was thinking about booking the package this year ... When you call to book, do they give you a PS time (like the Fantasmic Dinner Package) and tell you which show to go to? Which show is the least crowded? TIA :)

When you call, you select a showtime first and tell them if you want to eat before or after and they will give you times available. I got a 6:45 show with an 8:00 LeCellier PS, which is what I requested. If you are going to eat before the show, be sure to allow enough time. You aren't always seated right away at the restaurant and service can sometimes be slow. I think the 5:00 show is the least crowded but it is still light out when it starts so the processional with candles (actually battery operated) isn't as spectacular.

Debbie,
Too bad I didn't think about it still being light out for the processional part. We booked the 5:00 show, 7:00 dinner at Le Cellier and are hoping to be finished by 9:00 so we can see Immaginations. I hope we didn't make a mistake booking the earliest show. We are going on December 23rd.

Originally posted by sbrotherton
You pay in advance for the dinner. Everyone receives an appetizer, a salad, entree and dessert...

You get a salad OR appetizer, entree, dessert, and this year...a non-alcoholic beverage.

Thanks DebbieB :) I think I may try for the 5:00 PM show and eat afterwards ... I don't like being rushed through dinner.

Yes, you pay when you make the reservations but with 3 children ourselves also- I did ask about cancellations/refund and if you cancel atleast 48hrs ahead of time you will receive the refund. :)

I booked Biergarten for 11/29 simply because that is the restaurant that seemed to have the most lowcarb items to choose from on the menu. But how does it work? I mean I thought Beirgarten was kinda like a buffet (or is) right? So on that night does that change and you get only the appetizer or salad, entree and dessert?

I really need to know because if so- I'll probably cancel it. We can't eat most appetizers and even with salads it's iffy depending on the carb count of their dressing selections..... so that leaves us with entree only because I don't think they have SF or lowcarb desserts? With it being buffet I thought we could choose the meats, veggies and fruits we could eat- and THAT alone was going to be our meal. We don't even drink the beverage either- just water. So it definitely won't be worth it for us if we can only have one entree and that's it. Please let me know.

Originally posted by BibbidyBobbidyBoo
Yes, you pay when you make the reservations but with 3 children ourselves also- I did ask about cancellations/refund and if you cancel atleast 48hrs ahead of time you will receive the refund. :)

I booked Biergarten for 11/29 simply because that is the restaurant that seemed to have the most lowcarb items to choose from on the menu. But how does it work? I mean I thought Beirgarten was kinda like a buffet (or is) right? So on that night does that change and you get only the appetizer or salad, entree and dessert?

I really need to know because if so- I'll probably cancel it. We can't eat most appetizers and even with salads it's iffy depending on the carb count of their dressing selections..... so that leaves us with entree only because I don't think they have SF or lowcarb desserts? With it being buffet I thought we could choose the meats, veggies and fruits we could eat- and THAT alone was going to be our meal. We don't even drink the beverage either- just water. So it definitely won't be worth it for us if we can only have one entree and that's it. Please let me know.

Garden Grill, Biergarten, and Akershus are all buffets, so you can eat what you want. I'm not sure if dessert is included at Akershus or Biergarten, because they usually cost extra.

Cool- thanks! Dessert is not really an issue anyway. The kids might have wanted something for dessert- but nothing fancy... like a cookie or something if they had it. So it's not a biggie if they can't have a dessert. They have FRUITS.... so that can be dessert. :) Thanks again for your post- much relief here. :)

Hi all,
I booked my res. for the CP for Dec. and was not charged yet. The Cast member said that they hold your CC# but don't actually charge it until you go/don't show/don't cancel with 24hrs notice. That was a week ago and still no pending charges for it. What a bummer about the no discount/lanyards!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter