Candlelight Processional not dark

5lilfish

DIS Veteran
i was able to get a lunch package for the 5pm Candlelight Processional on Dec 14. We have never seen the show. I know it won’t be dark until the very end. Will this be a major disappointment?

Thanks...
Jess

We did the first show last year and are doing it again this year. Being in line before it’s dark turned out to be good. The darkness came on during the performance and it was gorgeous.

Thanks for the tip! I just modified mine so it was for the 6:45 PM one so I got the "darkness" magic. Jejejeh

Hi! How do you modify it to obtain a different time? I've tried a few different reservations for the package but the processional times they give me seem to be pretty random.
Thanks!

Hi! How do you modify it to obtain a different time? I've tried a few different reservations for the package but the processional times they give me seem to be pretty random.
Thanks!

The CP times they give you are usually according to how early your meal is. For example, I scheduled a 2 pm lunch and had a 5 pm CP. Then I reserved a 3 pm lunch, and then got the 6:45 pm CP time. You can see the time before you confirm the reservation, so if by that time you know it's not the one you want, just go back and pick another time.

I kind of prefer the first show if I am taking photos. There’s enough light that I don’t have to resort to a higher setting and subsequent “noise” in the photos. That can be important if you’re using a zoom to get good narrator photos. I have also had some spectacular sunsets during early shows.

The CP times they give you are usually according to how early your meal is. For example, I scheduled a 2 pm lunch and had a 5 pm CP. Then I reserved a 3 pm lunch, and then got the 6:45 pm CP time. You can see the time before you confirm the reservation, so if by that time you know it's not the one you want, just go back and pick another time.

Thanks- I am doing the bkfst option before 10 am and keep getting the 6:45 show. Maybe I'll try moving it up to 9 am.

On the other hand, if you go to the first show of the evening, you do not have to listen to most/all of the other show while you are waiting in line.
I keep hearing people say this. However, the first show should be done by 5:45. Most people with a dining package don't need to line up more than an hour ahead of time, so I don't think hearing the entire show before would ever be the case... unless you were waiting in the regular stand-by hours ahead of time?

I keep hearing people say this. However, the first show should be done by 5:45. Most people with a dining package don't need to line up more than an hour ahead of time, so I don't think hearing the entire show before would ever be the case... unless you were waiting in the regular stand-by hours ahead of time?

I agree, I plan on lining up 30 minutes or so before, therefore, at around 5:50 - 6:00 pm I would be arriving at the theater. That's the whole point of the Dining Package right?

I agree, I plan on lining up 30 minutes or so before, therefore, at around 5:50 - 6:00 pm I would be arriving at the theater. That's the whole point of the Dining Package right?

45 minutes before show time would be better, if you have the dining plan.

Depends on if you care where you are seated. If you don’t care about being at the back of the package area, 30 minutes is fine. If you want to be closer, you need to show up at least 45mn early, depending on the narrator.

I went once when NPH was the Narrator and was in line at least an hour early (yes, with the dining package). It does depend on the popularity of the narrator, and you should get a sense of when you need to go if you scope out the line for the earlier show. With the dining package you'll get a seat, but can be close to the back if you don't line up early enough.

We went to the early show, and sat outside. I would have liked to have been inside, under the roof, then I don't think the light outside would be as much of a factor, it would be more cozy.

Just my experience. Last time we went was in 2016. Narrator was James Edward Olmos. We were walking past the theatre a little more than an hour before the 8:15 show and we were amazed at how long the line for the dinner plan people was so we got in line. We ended up close to the back of the covered area.

Just my experience. Last time we went was in 2016. Narrator was James Edward Olmos. We were walking past the theatre a little more than an hour before the 8:15 show and we were amazed at how long the line for the dinner plan people was so we got in line. We ended up close to the back of the covered area.
Thank you!! He is our narrator as well and it is on Christmas Eve. It's good to see others experience. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter