• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Candlelight Processional: Early vs Late Show - Pros/Cons

SanderMC

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone,

The title basically sums up my question. What are the pros and cons for the early (5pm) show of the Candlelight Processional, vs the late show (8:15pm)? I have never been to Disney during this time of the year so this will be my first (and probably only) time being able to attend the Candlelight Processional. I currently have 2 reservations for the dining package one which is for the 5pm show and one which is for the 8:15pm show. I'm not sure which one to cancel. If it makes any difference, it will by my mother, myself, and my 5 year old child.

A few random thoughts/considerations:

How late is good for your 5 year old child? If it were one of my grandchildren, we would do the early show with a child at that age.

The 8:15 show will end just about 9:00 pm, I believe. So Illuminations will not be long afterwards. If you plan to wait for Illuminations than the late show might make sense. If you don't plan to watch Illuminations afterwards, check times to ensure that you will be able to exit without the Illuminations show causing trouble.

It will be dark at 8:15, but not at 5:00. I think that the show is more visually impressive after dark - but that is just my opinion.

Do you prefer to eat dinner early or late? Generally speaking: With the 5:00 pm show I would eat after the show However, with the 8:15 show I would tend to eat before the show.

FWIW, I have done both and prefer the late show, personally.

We did the later processional. We were able to take our time with dinner and do everything we wanted in the park. However, seating for Illuminations is sometimes crazy, and we skipped it after the processional and went back to our resort.

This is why I prefer the show in the middle. 6:45. It's dark enough, not too late for small kids and you get out way before illuminations giving you plenty of time to find a spot.

I plan on doing the 5pm show when we do it next year because I've never seen the show at all. I don't want to be lined up waiting for the 6:45 or 8pm shows and sorta see/hear an earlier show before I am actually sitting and enjoying it! LOL! Seems, from reading the other CL thread that getting the earlier show is not as simple as I thought!

I plan on doing the 5pm show when we do it next year because I've never seen the show at all. I don't want to be lined up waiting for the 6:45 or 8pm shows and sorta see/hear an earlier show before I am actually sitting and enjoying it! LOL! Seems, from reading the other CL thread that getting the earlier show is not as simple as I thought!

When we booked our CP package we kept getting the early show (5:00). I couldn't see any way to select the time that I wanted the CP, so I kept rebooking until I finally get what I wanted. It took a little persistence, but it was offered eventually.

A few random thoughts/considerations:

It will be dark at 8:15, but not at 5:00. I think that the show is more visually impressive after dark - but that is just my opinion.

Do you prefer to eat dinner early or late? Generally speaking: With the 5:00 pm show I would eat after the show However, with the 8:15 show I would tend to eat before the show.

FWIW, I have done both and prefer the late show, personally.

A few thoughts from an early show fan. . .

Since you get your tickets at your meal, your package meal must be before the show. I like the early show myself, because I feel I have more options for watching Illuminations since I am not looking at the last minute. If you do like a later dinner, you can make a non-package ADR later in the evening as well. If you like to take photos of the show, the fact that it is not completely dark can work in your favor. Also, if you go to the later shows you will hear a lot of the performance while waiting in line for your show.

There isn't a right or wrong answer. All three shows have their pros and cons. You just have to give some thought to which pros and cons fit best for you.

A few thoughts from an early show fan. . .

Since you get your tickets at your meal, your package meal must be before the show. I like the early show myself, because I feel I have more options for watching Illuminations since I am not looking at the last minute. If you do like a later dinner, you can make a non-package ADR later in the evening as well. If you like to take photos of the show, the fact that it is not completely dark can work in your favor. Also, if you go to the later shows you will hear a lot of the performance while waiting in line for your show.

There isn't a right or wrong answer. All three shows have their pros and cons. You just have to give some thought to which pros and cons fit best for you.

Good points! Interesting.....things have changed over the years.

Thank you all for your input! You have all given me a lot to think about. I really appreciate all of your insight!

I didn't think about that! We also have the early and late options booked but I think I'll stick with the early one!

The con of the last show is finding a good spot for Illuminations. By the time you get out, all the best spots will be gone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter