• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Candlelight Processional armbands?

talocaca

Earning My Ears
Hi! This is my first post....hopefully you guys can help!

Going to Epcot on December 18th and would love to see Neil Patrick Harris' Candlelight processional.

Dinning packages are absolutely sold out....how early should I show up for stand by? I was hoping to go to the 5 PM show.

I also just read that some years cast members handed out armbands around 1:30 PM that guarantee access to the show.

Any idea of that happening this year?

Thanks! Any help is appreciated.

No more "arm bands."
(I don't know if they were ever actually "arm bands," but no day-of "passes" are being given out, regardless.)

If you want to see NPH without the dining pkg. be prepared to spend most of your Epcot World Showcase day standing in line.

:welcome: to the DISboards, talocaca!

We got the candlelight processional dining package for the 6:45pm show on Friday. We had our stickers ready to get in line at 5:45 (an hour early) and you wouldn't believe how long the line was. It was packed clear out the queues and way back into the street, and this was for people who had dining package. I honestly wondered if they sold too many packages because it didn't look like to me that there would be enough seats for how many people were in line. And a lot of the people at the front of the line had 5:00pm show stickers on. It made me wonder if they were not able to get into the first show and were still waiting in line for the second show. To me this defeats the whole purpose as you would hear the first show while waiting in line. And there was absolutely no way that anyone in standby was going to get in. I mean, unless I'm miscounting how many seats were available. And this was an hour before the show began! Has anyone ever experienced anything like this before? Have they ever oversold the amount of packages? We decided the only way it would be worth waiting in that line was if it was angels from Heaven singing, so we left and went to ride something else. I feel like I wasted money on the dining package. I guess I should have asked more questions beforehand. I didn't know it would be like this.

***EDIT*** - Well, after reading another post in this same forum looks like people were able to get in, even in the standby line. And someone said they were still selling packages that morning. So I guess I was wrong. I guess this would have been considered not busy? Wow. I would hate to see what a busy day looked like.

Last edited:
We got the candlelight processional dining package for the 6:45pm show on Friday. We had our stickers ready to get in line at 5:45 (an hour early) and you wouldn't believe how long the line was. It was packed clear out the queues and way back into the street, and this was for people who had dining package. I honestly wondered if they sold too many packages because it didn't look like to me that there would be enough seats for how many people were in line. And a lot of the people at the front of the line had 5:00pm show stickers on. It made me wonder if they were not able to get into the first show and were still waiting in line for the second show. To me this defeats the whole purpose as you would hear the first show while waiting in line. And there was absolutely no way that anyone in standby was going to get in. I mean, unless I'm miscounting how many seats were available. And this was an hour before the show began! Has anyone ever experienced anything like this before? Have they ever oversold the amount of packages? We decided the only way it would be worth waiting in that line was if it was angels from Heaven singing, so we left and went to ride something else. I feel like I wasted money on the dining package. I guess I should have asked more questions beforehand. I didn't know it would be like this.

***EDIT*** - Well, after reading another post in this same forum looks like people were able to get in, even in the standby line. And someone said they were still selling packages that morning. So I guess I was wrong. I guess this would have been considered not busy? Wow. I would hate to see what a busy day looked like.

From what I've read, capacity is around 1,000.

Thank you all for your replies!

I was mostly curious about the armbands but it really seems like A) they are an urban legend or B) Disney is not doing it anymore.

Personally I think it's silly to wait all afternoon for the show so I guess I will go and check around 3 to see what's going on.

I'm happy waiting 1 hour...kinda ok with 90 minutes....would hesitate for 2 hours.

More than that....absolutely not

Wow this really worries me, we have the package for two separate nights to see Neil Patrick Harris and Warrick. As my mum wants to go to one and hubby to the other.
No way can my disabled mum wait in lines that long which was the whole point of me buying the packages

Sorry to threadjack, just saw Laurie Hernandez--- she was very good, and really sweet, but you could tell she was nervous ( understandably)

One thing that hit me is how obvious it is that the readers can affect the crowd --- our seats were the closest we have ever been to the front (and dead center) from the standby line ( which was really late to form)
Didn't get crowded until after 3pm for the 5Pm show

I guess I'll just try to relax until the day and see how it goes.

I'll go and take a look 2 hours before the show and decide if it's worth trying.

As much as I'd like to see the candlelight Processional I would not like to stay there for 5 hours when I could see and do other things.

Last edited:
Wow this really worries me, we have the package for two separate nights to see Neil Patrick Harris and Warrick. As my mum wants to go to one and hubby to the other.
No way can my disabled mum wait in lines that long which was the whole point of me buying the packages

If you have a reservation you have guaranteed seats so you are basically waiting in line only if you want better seats.

I think if you are visiting with your mother it would be acceptable for you to get in line while she waits at a nearby cafe or something and have her join you when they let you enter the venue.

Just talk to a cast member and I'm sure they can help you.

From what I've read, with a reservation you'd probably stand in line for about 30-45 mins if you want good seats.

I’m trying to see NPH as well (also no package). I don’t have a strategy yet as my family will not stand in line all day. Maybe I go by myself :santa:

I’m trying to see NPH as well (also no package). I don’t have a strategy yet as my family will not stand in line all day. Maybe I go by myself :santa:
Lol.....that's something I would do if they refuse to wait in line "ok everybody...here's some money. Pick me up at 8"

Lol.....that's something I would do if they refuse to wait in line "ok everybody...here's some money. Pick me up at 8"
I’ve always wanted to see CP and I’ve always wanted to hear NPH narrate. Luck has it that I’ll be there so....

Thank you everyone! With your help I managed to get a lunch reservation at the Garden Grill with access to the 5:00 show with Neil Patrick Harris

It's $57 (the regular lunch Buffet is $44) so I feel it's not so bad if I can relax and enjoy Epcot knowing that I have guaranteed access to the show.

I also love that it is a revolving restaurant!...I guess I'll cancel my dinner reservation at Chefs de France. I imagine the food is a lot better, but a show / experience is my priority.

I was mostly curious about the armbands but it really seems like A) they are an urban legend or B) Disney is not doing it anymore.

They gave out wristbands for standby seats early in the afternoon for the CP back in 2014. I think that may have been the only year. Too bad, cause they were awesome!

We have the dining package for a 5pm show. We do not care what seats that we have, as long as we have somewhere to sit. How early would you say that we need to show up?

We have the dining package for a 5pm show. We do not care what seats that we have, as long as we have somewhere to sit. How early would you say that we need to show up?

45 min. before show time.

Are you sure you don't care where you sit? You might end up separated and behind a tree. An hour is a good rule of thumb

If you have a reservation you have guaranteed seats so you are basically waiting in line only if you want better seats.

I think if you are visiting with your mother it would be acceptable for you to get in line while she waits at a nearby cafe or something and have her join you when they let you enter the venue.

Just talk to a cast member and I'm sure they can help you.

From what I've read, with a reservation you'd probably stand in line for about 30-45 mins if you want good seats.
My mum has an ecv so would we get seated in the disabled section? Is it any good those seats

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter