Candian TV channels - in Orlando area

seema

Mouseketeer
I can say that Westgate timeshare resorts have Newsworld International - which has twice per day, excerpts of the National, also the RDI news (dubbed in English!).

Do any other hotels or resorts in the WDW or Orlando/Kississimmee area offer this or any other Canadian TV channels.

I am not happy that WDW resort hotels offer Spanish (for obvious reasons), Japanese, German, Arabic stations - but no Canadian TV stations - realizing that Canadians might make up the largest foreign contingent that goes and stays at WDW resort hotels.

I did not see any t.v. stations,newspapers or hear radio with Canadian news while there, but to be honest I wasn't really looking!!!
When on vacation I try realllllly hard to leave the real world behind for two weeks! I can get up to speed on things when I get home! Perhaps someone else here can give you more info!

Grover in Winnipeg
:cool:

I'm with grover! I try not to watch or listen for the news when I'm on vacation ... because that's all I do when I'm at work! :p As for news and radio shows, if you have Internet access, you might have better luck there ... I think you can listen to CBC Radio One through their website ...

The only thing we watch is the Disney channel and resort channel when we are there no news or outside info for us

The Internet is a great resource. If you have a laptop computer you can get an account through Netzero which will give you 10 hours of Internet access/month for free. Netzero will have local numbers in the Orlando area, so you're not paying LD charges. Then you can just surf to your favourite newspaper web site or cbc.ca to get the info you want.

- Mike

if you want Cdn stuff, internet's the best. we used AOL when we travel down, free for 6 MONTHS, no sign up fee and TONs of local access numbers.
But remember if it's MAJOR Canadian new story, you will hear a little "sound bite" on any national U.S. station or CNN :rolleyes:

I am not sure which sat feed WDW uses but you can get "The National" and other Canadian news shows on the BBC America channel. I used to watch it all the time when visiting my sis in Oklahoma. So if Disney television cable carries BBC America and most cable feeds there do you will be surprised to see quite a few Canadian news shows on it.

Hope this helps you!

Ruth

I remember in 2000 when we were down there we actually had to call home to DS, to find out the results of our Federal election as there was no news anywhere to let us know.

But actually that may be a good thing too as we sometimes forget that we're on vacation and we surely don't want any added stress!;) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter