Candelight Processional Line

I'm going on Dec 5 with Pat Sajak, and I'm not doing the dining package. How early should I line up? Does it make a difference which showtime you choose, or all they all crowded?

I'm going on Dec 5 with Pat Sajak, and I'm not doing the dining package.

A. How early should I line up?
B. Does it make a difference which showtime you choose, or all they all crowded?
A. 2-3 hours (as a guess.) But, at WDW, "earlier" beats "later" every time.

B. If you line up for the 2nd or 3rd show, you may be standing in line while the previous show is going on.

We have a package for Dec 30th at 8:15 p.m. Right now there are still reservations available, do you think it is necessary to keep the package?

A. 2-3 hours (as a guess.) But, at WDW, "earlier" beats "later" every time.

B. If you line up for the 2nd or 3rd show, you may be standing in line while the previous show is going on.

So, if you don't mind going to the second or third show in a day, how many hours early do you need to be there? Do they often have people still left in line after the first show or does the line start fresh most times?

So, if you don't mind going to the second or third show in a day,
C. how many hours early do you need to be there?
D. Do they often have people still left in line after the first show
E. or does the line start fresh most times?
C. 1-4 hours (as a WILD guess.) At WDW, arriving "earlier" to a line beats arriving "later" every time.

D. They can.
Depends on the date, the crowd-level, and the popularity of the narrator.

E. That can happen, too.
Depends on the date, the crowd-level, and the popularity of the narrator.

BTW, Most guests PREFER to go to the second or third show of the CP.
The first performance starts before the sky is fully dark and that can take
a bit away from the special lighting and "mood" of the show, at least for
the first half, or so.

Last edited:
Ok, I have to ask, is it really worth a possible 3-4 hour wait?

Most guests who are interested in seeing a popular narrator and don't want to invest that kind of time will book the Candlelight Dining Pkg.

But, there are some guests (many are locals who have APs) who actually don't plan on doing anything else at Epcot that day, who can make sort of an "adventure" out of waiting to see a given performer.

Think of the similar kind of thing for people who camp out waiting for certain concert tickets to go on sale, or wait to buy a new iPhone, etc.

Most guests who are interested in seeing a popular narrator and don't want to invest that kind of time will book the Candlelight Dining Pkg.

But, there are some guests (many are locals who have APs) who actually don't plan on doing anything else at Epcot that day, who can make sort of an "adventure" out of waiting to see a given performer.

Think of the similar kind of thing for people who camp out waiting for certain concert tickets to go on sale, or wait to buy a new iPhone, etc.
I see what you're saying. Unfortunately the dining package is just too much for this particular trip. I had worked in a 2 hour wait into my plans, so I'll stick with that and see what happens. Thanks!

Doing two this year, Pat Sajak lunch in Germany
Kurt Russel lunch in Japan
We will arrive about 1 1/2 hour before, we like to be up front, but I will have DH go and sit on a bench near by, he is not able to stand too long.

We have a dining package at GG for the 6:45 show to see Neil Patrick Harris, when should we start lining up? I have it in my plans for 5-5:15.

We have a dining package at GG for the 6:45 show to see Neil Patrick Harris, when should we start lining up? I have it in my plans for 5-5:15.

I'd say you'll be fine.
"Normally" (whatever that means,) I'd recommend just around an hour before, but considering NPH will be about THE most popular narrator,
your extra-early arrival time can be a reassurance .

I am also a bit confused as to why it is necessary to line up so early with package seating. Do they not have enough seats for everyone who bought the package? My son has Down syndrome and we have a DAS. He cannot do long lines. We got the package and I was hoping to get there a half hour in advance. I take it this will be an issue. Any thoughts or experiences from someone who has gone through that? Would it be possible for one person to save a spot for the family in line with a CP package and then have my husband and son join later?

Just to let you know, getting there an hour beforehand isn't really an hour waiting in line....if I remember correctly they start load in about 20-30 min before the show (as many other WDW shows do) so if you get there 20-30 min before the show starts, they might already be loading the theater, and there won't be much "standing still" as you might think.....

So, if you don't mind going to the second or third show in a day, how many hours early do you need to be there? Do they often have people still left in line after the first show or does the line start fresh most times?

When I have been there, the standby line stays all night.....not all the standby people can get let into the first show, so if you're looking for the 2nd or 3rd show, you will definitely be listening to it while in line...

I've never been to the CP before, but I assume there is a reserved seating section for wheelchair guests and their parties?

I've never been to the CP before, but I assume there is a reserved seating section for wheelchair guests and their parties?

More or less.
There are sections that can accommodate wheelchairs.
As to associated areas for others in the wheelchair guest's party... if others can
grab seats next to or near those wheelchair areas, that's how it works.
Only two family members will be permitted to sit next to the chair.

When I have been there, the standby line stays all night.....not all the standby people can get let into the first show, so if you're looking for the 2nd or 3rd show, you will definitely be listening to it while in line...

And really, the point is to hear it anyway LOL. That's why I don't really get the point of standing in line that whole time. Just hang out near by and listen. But, I know some people really want to sit up close. That's when I do the package. I would not want to stand in that line for hours on end.

Once you are seated in the theater can you leave to use the restroom and be let back in? I know they allow this for the Eat to the Beat concerts but wondering if it's the same for this.

Once you are seated in the theater can you leave to use the restroom and be let back in? I know they allow this for the Eat to the Beat concerts but wondering if it's the same for this.
Yup.

And really, the point is to hear it anyway LOL. That's why I don't really get the point of standing in line that whole time. Just hang out near by and listen. But, I know some people really want to sit up close. That's when I do the package. I would not want to stand in that line for hours on end.
So if Im only interested in hearing it, is there a good place to sit or hang out outside of the theater that wouldn't require me to wait in line?

So if Im only interested in hearing it, is there a good place to sit or hang out outside of the theater that wouldn't require me to wait in line?

Anywhere outside the theater, behind the seating.
You'll be in front of the American Adventure.

Top two images below are of the American Gardens Theater (#11 on the lower map,) venue of the CP.
EC-AGTheater-BE-N.jpg

EC-AGTheater-MS-E.jpg

Epcot-WS-GE_040916_zpsdz271kit.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter