• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cancer

I have to, but tis like every time you get a pimple, they want another scan, you wait a week for the result, sit in Doctor office trying to read everyones face. then dr come sin and you see if its life changing news, untiln ext pimple

I can only imagine. I do that when my kids go to the doctor. Try to read his face and he will never ever tell me until after he is done. Hang in there and fight to good fight.

You are not alone, as a parent not only do you worry that with every headache that the brain tumor is back but your other kids i compare them... in the back of your head thats how your brother cancer started. For the rest of my sons life he is on meds to replace what the radiation killed, the fact that they say he very well may infertile. But he is alive.
I am proud of you, for what you and your family have and will indure. You are a hero you are the one that forced food down when you couldnt eat, you are the one that got up in the morning went to chemo when you just wanted to give up. You are the one that held your head up high when chemo side effects were at there worst. You are amazing.

Glad good news came ur way!

C sucks.. it doesn’t matter that you fought the fight of your life... my head still runs back there with any new pain ache or issue.
Some think that after fighting it, one feels like they can do Anything... I was so often asked to do things I’d not normally do (like .. hey. Let’s do that plane jump) uh, No!
Well.. for Me, my life has become More about
Really thinking things thru and worrying More, not Less. I know just how fragile it is.

It doesn’t change after years of being C free. It was a long Hell of a haul and I never want to deal with it again

Live Each Day... Enjoy Your Life
C Sucks!!!

Glad you're good!

I had to have a biopsy on my toe yesterday, I had no trauma in it and the bone is shattered and pieces of bone are just floating, my toe has shriveled to a little flappy piece of skin, its gross.
Did an MRI and that showed there could be a tumor. Thankfully, the Dr. said there was no tumor when he went in yesterday for the biopsy. Now he can go back in and build the toe up, and get out the pieces of bone out.

The thing is, when you beat cancer, it isnt like you beat the beast and are now a hero, you spend the rest of your life, anytime anything is wrong with you, proving to a team of Doctors it hasnt returned.

4 years ago I beat stage 4 Lymphoma, the most aggressive kind. Itthe beggging of June I noticed a lump in my neck, wait 2-3 weeks and just hope it goes away. It dont go to the Doctor, they fight with insurance companies, then argue about imaging and biopesys; Get one, the one doctor dont think they got enough, remove whole lympnoid from my neck, wait for results, btw in Hopstial for 6 hours, come home and got on the DIS (thank you vicodine ) went back to Dr twice, the results wernt in, so Doctor explains next move, if/when it comes back positive, they send me either to Cleveland Clinic, or Philadelphia Cancer Center, both would be for 28 days and be in isolation, Clinic for bone marrow transplant, or Philly for new treatment, that is working great and I am excellent candidate cause of my over all health.

Well today the test come back, all is well, it just swelled up cause some lymnoids damaged from chemo 4 years ago . Im so grateful but let me tell ya big boy cant keep this **** up

So happy to hear you are okay. God is good.

That's great news. We are waiting on results of my husbands prostate biopsy and it is messing with our minds. I watched my grandfather pass way due to colon cancer and I don't want to go through that again

I'm so sorry you had that scare but I'm so glad you are okay!

I am 7 monts NED from stage 3 cancer. I am so grateful that I am NED but the constant wondering and worrying it such a mental drain. It is so hard to tell what is damage from chemo/rads and what is something to worry about.

So glad Jason. I truly am thankful for you and what you contribute to this board. You have a great sense of humor and you brighten my day!

So glad your news was good! Sadly, I found out yesterday that my cancer is back for the third time. It is in multiple lymph nodes in my chest. That is good! I went in, for the results of my Pet scan, expecting them to tell me it had spread to my lungs or more. I am thrilled, if one can be about a cancer diagnosis, that it is only in the lymph nodes. So, here I go again. A biopsy to make sure it is still the same cancer, then chemo. I will do oral chemo this time rather than traditional IV chemo. Not sure what to expect, but I will deal.

Low-key, I totally understand. I also don't want to keep doing this!

Sending healing thoughts and good wishes for your own journey. May you have more days of peace and positive news.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter