• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

cancelling reservations

tnolan

DIS Veteran
I guess the extended grace period for making final payments is over. Yesterday was my 30 day mark for final payment on my Nov trip, and though I waited on the phone for 90 mins could not get through and had to hang up. Just now I got an email saying I was past due for final payment on the trip and if I didn't send money immediately it would be cancelled. Since the reason I was on the phone was to cancel the trip anyway, maybe I should just let them do it. The point is, we are apparently finished with the extended grace period of up to 7 days till arrival to make the payment. Just wanted to let everyone know.

I think they still send the email even with the grace period. The CM I talked to last week said to just ignore it (though I am paying on time because we plan to go).

I can say on our scheduled June trip we got the email and they never canceled the reservation (until they had to do to park closure).

I was told the same. Disney will still send you the emails but you have until 7 days to pay. I checked in 10/15 and did not pay the balance until I think 10/5.

Can you cancel the reservation online? If you need to cancel, I would not wait for them to do it. I wouldn't want to risk them keeping the deposit.

Can you cancel the reservation online? If you need to cancel, I would not wait for them to do it. I wouldn't want to risk them keeping the deposit.
I would love to cancel online, but it says if you need to cancel, call this number. This is the first time I have ever not been able to cancel online.

I just booked a dec 2020 trip this week and the cm said final payment is still 7 days prior. The computer will send notices and still show a 30 day fox date but it won’t cancel

I would love to cancel online, but it says if you need to cancel, call this number. This is the first time I have ever not been able to cancel online.

Mine showed that for awhile yesterday and then later it gave the option again. MDE has been weird for me this week.

I would definitely not wait for WDW to cancel, cause you never know what may happen. One of my biggest gripes with WDW is that their phone system funnels all calls to one area instead of having separate numbers for specific reasons.

It got worse. Now it says to change or cancel your reservation, call this number

It got worse. Now it says to change or cancel your reservation, call this number

Have you checked the website and the app? When I had issues yesterday for a few hours, MDE on the website had different options than the app.

Have you checked the website and the app? When I had issues yesterday for a few hours, MDE on the website had different options than the app.
Checked the app on my phone, and that had absolutely nothing about payment of any kind or cancelling or changing reservation. Looks like thats website only.

I just booked a dec 2020 trip this week and the cm said final payment is still 7 days prior. The computer will send notices and still show a 30 day fox date but it won’t cancel

Oh, interesting! I booked a package Thursday evening for 12/1/20 and the CM told me it’s due in full 30 days out but I can cancel until the day before for a full refund. A 7-day PIF instead would be great.

Thanks everyone! We do still have to cancel due to financial reasons :( but at least this gives us more time to do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter