Cancelling & rebooking and a pleasant experience today

sarahk0204

DIS Veteran
After much discussion in our family, I decided to cancel our June 14-20 trip and rebook for December. I had heard the horror stories of long waits on the phone and chat. I cancelled online, and that went fine. However, I couldn't see the 19 one time use points we'd bought.

After checking the site - one time use points remain in the use year in which they were purchased - I started a chat. The CM got on right away, and told me I need to call to use one time use points. (That makes sense, as you have to call to buy them in the first place.)

So I got on the phone. The wait time was only because they have a long spiel at the beginning talking about the resorts being closed. I got to talk to a person very quickly. She could see my one time use points, but couldn't use them. She checked with a supervisor and had to remind me (and herself) that the points couldn't be used until the 7 month windowed opened. We both shared a "duh" moment, and then I booked at my home resort for as many days as I could in December.

We will likely try to switch at 7 months to another resort (and book more rooms, as we are a party of 9 that technically fits in a 2 BR but would prefer a 2BR + a studio for sanity's sake!). However, we at least have something booked.

The wait times were short, the CM's were pleasant, and now I have a plan for the future. Yay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter