Cancelling Due to Irma-Using Chat Feature

thegales

DIS Veteran
We made the tough decision to cancel our trip due to Irma. We had originally booked with 17 points banked from the last year, and the rest with current year points. We have a December Use Year.

I tried calling for a while, and continued getting the busy signal. I went to the Contact Us page, and clicked on Chat. After about 15 minutes, an agent came on. I explained the situation, and she indicated that first, the points would temporarily go into holding, and then would be released in seven days. After research, she also indicated that they would allow us to bank our current year points, but not the 17 points from last year. So we will try to figure out how to use those 17 points prior to November 30. She was able to cancel the reservation via the Chat.

The whole process took about 25 minutes, including those 15 minutes of original waiting and research. I think this was a very reasonable time based on what they are dealing with.

I highly recommend using the Chat feature in times when MS is overwhelmed. It was a lot easier than having to keep hitting redial and getting the busy signal. They also had all my information based on my original log on to the site, so I did not have to provide my DVC number, etc.

I used the chat feature also. Very helpful.

I tried chat on Wednesday. Took 40 minutes to get a cm to pickup. I wanted to cancel my room and needed a refund for ddp purchased. He said they couldn't help me. Then I asked if he could cancel my room booked after the cruise, that was now canceled. He told me, only a supervisor could approve any room cancellations because of a canceled Disney cruise. No help for me. It took me 3 hours to get a cm on the phone....very frustrating.

I was also told that they couldn't help through chat - that I had to call in and chat is really only used for questions but they don't have the ability to make changes like I needed. I was fairly certain they do have that ability but since I was dealing with banked points from 2015 and 2016, I didn't want some rookie messing it up so I called. (or rather my husband called).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter