• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cancelling a room with discount.

revdisney33

Disney Geek and Mini Geek
TIA
if I booked a room for three nights at one of the special offers. But ended up having to cancel one of the nights. Does anybody know if it goes back to the original rack rate for the room or will it continue to be the reduced rate? I need at least two days in August as we have a split stay. May go down a day earlier so would like to book the three nights and then if I didn’t need that first night if I can cancel it and still get the discount.

Only if those two nights are still in discount inventory or you get a guest services CM to take mercy on you and reduce the nights for you. Your rate is only locked in as long as you don't make any changes, so there are zero guarantees you will maintain the discount if you try to drop a night.

Only if those two nights are still in discount inventory or you get a guest services CM to take mercy on you and reduce the nights for you. Your rate is only locked in as long as you don't make any changes, so there are zero guarantees you will maintain the discount if you try to drop a night.

This. :thumbsup2

I would book them as separate stays, that way you don't have to worry about losing the discount on the 2 nights you know you want.

I would called - I have shortened days at a hotel while having a discount and as long as you still are within the guidelines of the discount you will be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter