Cancelled cruise, when can I call Costco to rebook?

*pixie*

DIS Veteran
I apologize if this has been covered before, but our cruise was in this last batch of cancellations. We are booked through Costco. Do I need to wait to hear from DCL/Costco before I can call Costco to rebook using the 125% credit, or can I go ahead and call now?

Nope you can just call and do it. I did the same thing this morning and it was quite easy, just be a bit patient with hold times.

Yeah, be patient. Called first time and was on hold 30 min when cell dropped so called back and waited 45 min then they called Disney and the rep's call dropped on hold with Disney another 30 min in. Then she said she was going to lunch so now I have her saying she'll call me back when she gets Disney on the line but just in case I have the wife on another line waiting to get through to Costco... 75 min expected wait. Definitely the price you pay to book through Costco but with what I think to be the best in the biz rebates I'm just being patient!

Four hours later, we are rebooked!! I had a great rep who, instead of making me wait on hold, kept giving me call backs. Time consuming, but well worth the $875 Costco card!

Yeah, I'm still waiting! Like 8 hours in. Grrrrr. First woman never called back but new guy has been good although it's rough having to talk to him and then being on hold with him while he's on hold with Disney. Every time the line drops after an hour but he just called me back and put a hold on a new cruise for us. Now we just are on hold again trying to finalize but at least he put the hold in so we're covered. Cruise is more expensive even with the 125% but part of that is we're doing T'giving so our 10% reduction isn't applicable. Painful. This is definitely a situation where a real TA would have paid dividends... that said I'm not going to complain as this is a hiccup compared to what so many other people have and are going through so I count myself very lucky. Good luck all!

From my understanding, if you choose 125% credit, you can use your original travel agent or go with a different TA. The credit should be connected to your Castaway Cay account, not to your cancelled cruise account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter