Cancellation Policy

The alert has nothing to do with disney. On my credit cards, I have alerts. Online purchases, gas purchases, over certain amount, and few other reasons, I get a text and email.

The alert has nothing to do with disney. On my credit cards, I have alerts. Online purchases, gas purchases, over certain amount, and few other reasons, I get a text and email.

Sorry, I was a probably not that clear. Does Disney also send some kind of email alert that you're being charged a no-show fee? I'm wondering if there's a way to know other than from your credit card company (where I might think it was a charge for something else).

I hope Disney will do this if I'm ever charged, even if it's just an emailed receipt.

Thanks everyone for your help. It turns out that even though I didn't cancel until slightly past midnight, I was not charged a fee. I called the Disney dining line when they opened in the morning. They CM said that theoretically the app should let you know if the cancellation would result in a fee - and you can agree - or you would get an error message asking you to call. That way you can decide if you still want to cancel. I haven't experienced this myself but it makes sense.

I have to agree with Hopefully.

And refusing to eat at WDW in the future seems a bit extreme. If last minute changes in plans are something that typically occurs in your family, then just don't make ADRs until the day you are going to be in the park. Or eat at one of the CS restaurants. No need to make your family go hungry all day.
Don't be silly. I wouldn't make my family go hungry. There are plenty of places just outside the gates that will happily take my money and since I have a car, I'll drive there. While I understand the rules, sometimes they don't make sense for everyone. I'm just as much of a Disney cheerleader as the rest of you so I get it. However, I can also see when there are flaws. No other restaurant (that I can think of) takes my credit card and charges me a fee if I don't cancel the day before arrival outside of Disney property. Or maybe I've just been going to the wrong restaurants? Either way, I will not make ADRs anymore. I'm not suggesting it's what's right for everyone, just for my family. A smart man said if you don't like something Disney is doing (price increases, or an issue like this), you need to speak with your wallet. I don't like this practice so I'm choosing to follow that advice. If you guys are okay with it, then there isn't a problem. It's okay if we choose to agree to disagree. :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter