• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cancellation periods

carli_h

Mouseketeer
I’d appreciate some guidance please. We bought our first dvc contract almost 3 years ago and I cannot remember about cancellation periods.

I’m from the UK and recall we have 14 days rather than 10, but when does the period start from? Thinking of getting some last min VGF2 points direct under the current incentives.

I have emailed my guide, but she is on maternity leave and the alt guide provided is in on leave until Tuesday, so very last minute with the current incentives.

We’ll hopefully be on property in just over 2 weeks and wanted to see the new rooms with the opportunity to cancel, if we change our mind. Well to be honest, it is really to convince my other half, so he thinks we have a get out…

Buying af timeshare in Florida gives you 10 days to rescind(cancel)

If you buy a timeshare in Europe you have a 14 days Cool-Down period in which you can cancel. If the broker or similar does not provide you with information about the cool-down period then if could be extended to 1 year.

Thanks but when does it start? From the paperwork sent over by Disney? I can’t recall from my previous purchase just remember the 14 day period.

10 days from when you sign.
I’ll add that it’s 10 days from when the last signature is written. when buying direct Disney have already signed when you receive the documents.

We just signed a direct contract and my signature was signed 3/25 but due to a wrong phone number my DW couldn’t sign until 3/27.

So our cancellation period starts 3/27.

Fab, thanks. Everyone is so helpful on these boards.

Looks like there won’t be an issue seeing the rooms then cancelling if (in the unlikely event) we decide it’s not for us.

I've added direct and have a joint owner.

He hasn't signed because he is so slow. But it gives me plenty of time to save and the clock doesn't count until he does :)

My alt guide confirmed that you have 30 days to sign, holding current incentives, then the cooling off period from signing so plenty of time, which is great news.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter