Canceling: Holding and Banked / Borrowed points

Sherrkel

Disney World Dreamer . . . My Home Away From Home
Hello - we have to cancel our upcoming trip scheduled for this month.
I have 4 different reservations that consist of banked and borrowed from 3 different contracts.
Being within 30 days, these will go in to holding and have to be used by end of current use year (all contracts same use year).
Does anyone know if these they points will become immediately available to re-book. Looking to do so for end of next month/early March (within 60 days). Slim pickins' and lots of jumping around, but it looks doable.
There was one time I recall we had to cancel and the points didn't immediately show up on our dashboard and it took a few days. If that is possible, I'll probably call member services for assistance with re-booking instead.
Thanks in advance for any replies!

Unless there is an unexpected error, the points should be back in your account immediately.

And instead of canceling, just modify it for those new nights for whichever one you can.

Regardless, the points will be returned immediately.

But, you may want to call MS because a few have reported that they were able to get the holding status removed recently due to the reasons many have to to cancel!

Thank you erionm and Sandisw- I was not able to cancel them all due to continuously getting those pesky dwarves popping up! Even when I tried to modify with new dates it happened. I called in last night luckily just 30 minute wait and had them all canceled and the points did immediately go in to HOLDING.
I didn't request any exceptions as I rebooked for end of Feb, early March was was luckily able to get rooms for 9 nights!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter