• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Canadians getting their booster in Florida. How easy is the process?

montrealdisneylovers

DIS Veteran
We are currently in Sarasota and heading back to Disney on Tuesday. After reading about the Pfizer shortage back home, I booked our booster appointments at Walgreens for this afternoon. There is a form to fill out which asks for address and other information. Are they open to giving the booster to Canadians? Do we put our condo address on the form? Do you get a proof of vaccination that you can add to your file back home?

For those of you who have done this, how easy is the process? Any tips to share?

Thank you in advance.

We are currently in Sarasota and heading back to Disney on Tuesday. After reading about the Pfizer shortage back home, I booked our booster appointments at Walgreens for this afternoon. There is a form to fill out which asks for address and other information. Are they open to giving the booster to Canadians? Do we put our condo address on the form? Do you get a proof of vaccination that you can add to your file back home?

For those of you who have done this, how easy is the process? Any tips to share?

Thank you in advance.

Can’t answer your question but… just a side note: because of the Pfizer shortage, we were given Moderna boosters… They are both mRNA and can be mixed.

My husband got his second dose at CVS in July. Put the address of where you're staying. They didn't ask any questions and the process was very simple.

For those who have gotten shots in the States, what is the process for having that recognized by the Canadian or Ontario powers that be?

For those who have gotten shots in the States, what is the process for having that recognized by the Canadian or Ontario powers that be?

It's pretty easy if you are at all tech savvy. In Ontario you can upload the proof of your vaccine(s) that you got in the US (or anywhere) to the public health website. It takes some time but we got ours in a couple of weeks, you can then download your QR code to use for entry to places in Ontario etc.

Can’t answer your question but… just a side note: because of the Pfizer shortage, we were given Moderna boosters… They are both mRNA and can be mixed.

I got both my 2nd dose and booster in the US, and also got it for my 15 year old because they weren't giving that in Canada yet. You do have to make up an address - could be where you are staying but really doesn't matter as long as it has a legit zip code.

I got both my 2nd dose and booster in the US, and also got it for my 15 year old because they weren't giving that in Canada yet. You do have to make up an address - could be where you are staying but really doesn't matter as long as it has a legit zip code.
You also received your proof of vaccination?

Easy, we did it last Monday. We had to show our proof for the first 2, and ID. We booked Walgreens Online. Filled in a questionnaire, gave our Florida address, and were called in one by one for the booster. We were asked if we had any reactions prior. We were given a CDC card.
I am going to wait for this rush to pass here in Quebec, and then call clicksante, or try online, no rush, but I know many who have done it, the government does recognize it.
We all got Pfizer

Easy, we did it last Monday. We had to show our proof for the first 2, and ID. We booked Walgreens Online. Filled in a questionnaire, gave our Florida address, and were called in one by one for the booster. We were asked if we had any reactions prior. We were given a CDC card.
I am going to wait for this rush to pass here in Quebec, and then call clicksante, or try online, no rush, but I know many who have done it, the government does recognize it.
We all got Pfizer
Thank you for this great explanation. Just to let you know, as you say you are from Quebec, you may have to make an appointment online on the clicksante website to go to a vaccination centre with your proof. I had to do that for my daughter who’s a Quebec resident but an Ontario student. She received her first two doses in Ontario but we added them to her medicare file in Quebec. It was quite easy an I an hoping it will be as easy with the CDC card.

Thank you for this great explanation. Just to let you know, as you say you are from Quebec, you may have to make an appointment online on the clicksante website to go to a vaccination centre with your proof. I had to do that for my daughter who’s a Quebec resident but an Ontario student. She received her first two doses in Ontario but we added them to her medicare file in Quebec. It was quite easy an I an hoping it will be as easy with the CDC card.

ok, thank you!

It's pretty easy if you are at all tech savvy. In Ontario you can upload the proof of your vaccine(s) that you got in the US (or anywhere) to the public health website. It takes some time but we got ours in a couple of weeks, you can then download your QR code to use for entry to places in Ontario etc.

Thank you!

my son (13) got his booster in florida at a walgreens the day after they approved it for that age group, we were there on vacation and it's likely going to be a while before a booster for that group is available in Ontario. They didnt care we were from Canada. And as posted above, most health units have a page where you can upload proof, if yours doesn't you can just contact them and they can add it to your record (at least in ontario)

my son (13) got his booster in florida at a walgreens the day after they approved it for that age group, we were there on vacation and it's likely going to be a while before a booster for that group is available in Ontario. They didnt care we were from Canada. And as posted above, most health units have a page where you can upload proof, if yours doesn't you can just contact them and they can add it to your record (at least in ontario)

Did you make the appointment online for the booster, or did you walk into the pharmacy? Thank-you.

Did you make the appointment online for the booster, or did you walk into the pharmacy? Thank-you.
I made an appointment online for the walgreens. I did that as I had previously my appointment for my NAAT test to return to Canada at the same pharmacy, was able to make the appointment for him for the same day just before we did our tests, so 2 birds...

I made an appointment online for the walgreens. I did that as I had previously my appointment for my NAAT test to return to Canada at the same pharmacy, was able to make the appointment for him for the same day just before we did our tests, so 2 birds...
Thanks for the information. Appreciate it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter