• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Canadian tickets use-by date?

CJK

DIS Veteran
I'm currently out of the country, and cannot access the Canadian ticket information. I remember reading that the current discounted tickets must be used by Dec. 31st, 2018. I *think* I also read that you only need to USE 1 day by Dec. 31st, so that you could continue using your tickets throughout your trip if your trip goes into January. Is that correct?

I've done some more digging. Looks like your first day of use must be on or before Dec. 31st. Therefore, the scenario I mentioned above should work, correct?

That's correct, your first day must be by Dec 31st and then the ticket will expire 14 days after that point. Have a great time!

Reactions: CJK
That's correct, your first day must be by Dec 31st and then the ticket will expire 14 days after that point. Have a great time!

Hi ... just a correction to the above ... please note it's NOT 14 days it's 13 days once you 1st use your ticket. :-)

The following is a quote from the Disneyland Site re: Canadian Ticket Details. I tried copying and pasting the section here but for some reason I'm not able to select the section that I want to copy & paste so, below, I am quoting directly from that section:

1) Tickets must first be used by December 31, 2018.

2) Tickets expire 13 days after first use OR on January 13, 2019, whichever occurs FIRST.

Therefore in the following scenario:

* 1st Day of Use: December 31, 2018
* Expiry: January 13, 2019 (which is 13 days after 1st day of use)

OP ... when you are back in your own country and are able to access the Canadian Ticket info, here's a link for you to check out:

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/tickets/

Edited: Correcting instructions for link above:

* Select: Products & Prices for Canadian Residents
* Select: View Details
* Select: (see Left side of screen) "Canadian Resident Tickets"
* Right side of screen: info will show up with this heading "Canadian Resident Tickets"

Hope this helps! Have fun! :-)

Last edited:

Does anyone have tickets they bought last year for Disneyland with the Canadian offer - if you have your tickets, what does the expiry date say on the actual ticket?

I have one that was supposed to be Jan 13, 2018...but says Jan 13, 2019....anyone come across that?

I thought my tickets bought in spring 2017 with Canadian deal did not expire
The discounted tickets that were available until May 20th, 2017 do not expire.

The current discounted tickets available from November 1st 2017 to February 10th 2018 will expire December 31, 2018.

I wonder if they will do this deal again in 2019. In case they don't, I just put in a rental request with David's for this coming Xmas at BWV, extending over NYE. Probably one of the hardest resorts to get at that time of year. I still have a set of non-expiring tickets, but if David's comes through, I'm going to buy another set and save the non expiring ones for a future trip.

I think Disney is like cocaine :crazy2:

Does anyone have tickets they bought last year for Disneyland with the Canadian offer - if you have your tickets, what does the expiry date say on the actual ticket?

I have one that was supposed to be Jan 13, 2018...but says Jan 13, 2019....anyone come across that?

My current discounted DLR tickets that I just purchased recently expire Jan 13, 2019. I didn't purchase any DLR tickets during last year's sale though.

We purchased tickets during last year's sale and are using them in March of this year. While using the My-Disney-Experience app on the ipad, I'm pretty sure I saw an expiry date of the year 2038 or something like that while looking at our reservation and tickets. I still have a screen capture of the web page that clearly stated that they do NOT expire. I expect that we will use up our 3 other sets of tickets within the next 20 years anyways..

We purchased tickets during last year's sale and are using them in March of this year. While using the My-Disney-Experience app on the ipad, I'm pretty sure I saw an expiry date of the year 2038 or something like that while looking at our reservation and tickets. I still have a screen capture of the web page that clearly stated that they do NOT expire. I expect that we will use up our 3 other sets of tickets within the next 20 years anyways..

These are the WDW tickets. MDE says expiry in 2030 but they are supposed to never expire. Poster above was inquiring about DLR tickets though, and I think the OP is inquiring about this year's discounted WDW tickets.

I just checked my Canadian DLR tickets from last year and the expiry date was Jan 13/18. My Canadian tickets purchased this year have an expiry date of Jan 13/19.

Was reading in Unofficial Guide last night that apparently as of this year all Disney ticket media (sale or regular price) has an expiry date. If they expire, Disney will apply the price paid toward ticket media at the then current pricing. So I don't think you will ever see anything like the May offer again. This was all news to me, but Disney is pretty good at closing all loopholes that cost them money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter