Canadian Tickets- expiry

wdwgirl1

Mouseketeer
Hi all
Has anyone had any luck getting the expiry on their Canadian tickets extended past September? My friend she said that her tickets purchased with Air Miles were extended into 2033 (?). We were supposed to be there right now- rescheduled from last August. But with the covid situation in Florida right now we moved it to next year. I am going to call but thought I would I would check here first to see if anyone had any luck with an extension. Thanks in advance :)

I have Canadian tickets that were supposed to be used in April of 2020. Had all my fastpasses booked (those were the days) and then everything was cancelled. When I checked MDE the tickets now had an expiry date of Dec 31,2030. I hadn't called about it at all. These were Airmiles Canadian Discount flexible date tickets. I don't know if that made a difference.

Hoping for the best when I go to activate them and prepared for the worst (I have to pay more).

I think they only extended the flex tickets. I have date specific tickets and they remain with an expiry of September 26, 2021. It's too bad because with Florida's numbers right now I'm pretty confident I'm going to have to cancel my trip (rescheduled from last year, now currently September 4-12) and I would love not to have to pay the difference in price when I decide to go about using them. :(

EDIT: I should add, mine were Airmiles purchased date specific tickets, originally specific for September 5-13, 2020. DIsney extended the date to expire September 26, 2021. They still show this expiry in the MDE.

Last edited:
I have Canadian tickets that were supposed to be used in April of 2020. Had all my fastpasses booked (those were the days) and then everything was cancelled. When I checked MDE the tickets now had an expiry date of Dec 31,2030. I hadn't called about it at all. These were Airmiles Canadian Discount flexible date tickets. I don't know if that made a difference.

Hoping for the best when I go to activate them and prepared for the worst (I have to pay more).

I have those vouchers too and the date has always shown December 31, 2030. When I reached out to Disney about these, they confirmed to me that since they are flexible date tickets, they won't expire any time soon.

In my last conversation with Disney about our 2020 Cdn resident DL tickets (last month), I was told that since they’ve already extended them to the end of this year, they don’t anticipate extending them further.

In my last conversation with Disney about our 2020 Cdn resident DL tickets (last month), I was told that since they’ve already extended them to the end of this year, they don’t anticipate extending them further.
I have Canadian resident DL tickets and was wondering about this. Crappy of Disney not to extend further considering borders are not fully open and covid is still very prevalent in California (and Florida). I am also wondering about the condition of having to book park days with your tickets. With this system you can’t exchange them for new tickets (and pay the upcharge) at guest services like before because you need the tickets before you book park days. I will call them closer to the Dec 16, 2021 expiry to ask how they are handling this. Even if covid settles down, we are not able to travel this fall/winter before the expiry anyways. And unfortunately I bought these with AirMiles so a refund is not an option either for me.

I have Canadian resident DL tickets and was wondering about this. Crappy of Disney not to extend further considering borders are not fully open and covid is still very prevalent in California (and Florida). I am also wondering about the condition of having to book park days with your tickets. With this system you can’t exchange them for new tickets (and pay the upcharge) at guest services like before because you need the tickets before you book park days. I will call them closer to the Dec 16, 2021 expiry to ask how they are handling this. Even if covid settles down, we are not able to travel this fall/winter before the expiry anyways. And unfortunately I bought these with AirMiles so a refund is not an option either for me.

If you haven’t input your tickets into MDE yet, I heard that AirMiles was willing to do refunds. I had input our tix into MDE to book FP+ for our March2020 trip before it got cancelled, so no refund for us.

Oh that's disappointing. We have a trip scheduled for December but I'm not very optimistic that'll we'll be able to go. Which means we probably won't be able to go for a while.

I also have a Canadian Resident ticket that expires December 16, 2021. I used the contact link on the DL website to bring up the issue, but received an e-mail directing me to use the chat function on the app instead. Which I did last night. I was very detailed about my concerns. I am OK with paying the price difference. I'm OK with upgrading at the ticket booth. What I am not OK with is uncertainty with the reservation system.

The official response (which was very timely) was that I should check back closer to the expiration date. So no help there.

I actually have an ABD SoCal adventure booked for February 2022 and I still can't get confirmation that Disney would secure our reservations prior to the tour. ABD adventures that include DL were cancelled until the end of the year. If our tour is cancelled (and I am hoping it won't be), we are going anyway and I want to be able to get the use of my unused ticket.

What Disney needs to do is ensure that there is some way for Guest Relations, or ticket booth CMs to override the system and allow upgraded tickets to secure same-day/next-day reservations. Disney wants to automate the system and they don't seem to grasp that there are many situations where automation fails. This seems to be an IT issue and I am at a loss as to why Disney won't simply work towards a solution and leave foreign guests to twist in the wind.

I also have a Canadian Resident ticket that expires December 16, 2021. I used the contact link on the DL website to bring up the issue, but received an e-mail directing me to use the chat function on the app instead. Which I did last night. I was very detailed about my concerns. I am OK with paying the price difference. I'm OK with upgrading at the ticket booth. What I am not OK with is uncertainty with the reservation system.

The official response (which was very timely) was that I should check back closer to the expiration date. So no help there.

I actually have an ABD SoCal adventure booked for February 2022 and I still can't get confirmation that Disney would secure our reservations prior to the tour. ABD adventures that include DL were cancelled until the end of the year. If our tour is cancelled (and I am hoping it won't be), we are going anyway and I want to be able to get the use of my unused ticket.

What Disney needs to do is ensure that there is some way for Guest Relations, or ticket booth CMs to override the system and allow upgraded tickets to secure same-day/next-day reservations. Disney wants to automate the system and they don't seem to grasp that there are many situations where automation fails. This seems to be an IT issue and I am at a loss as to why Disney won't simply work towards a solution and leave foreign guests to twist in the wind.

Thanks for this update. I had emailed them a few weeks ago, and received a very generic form answer back. I think we'll just call and ask for a refund at this point and sort it out when it comes time to buying tickets again hopefully for a 2022 trip.

Sounds to me like they haven’t quite figured out what to do about these Canadian tickets expiring and the reservation system yet. The old system of upgrading at guest services when you arrive doesn’t work as you can’t reserve without valid tickets and since we’re coming from out of country, they can’t expect us to travel there without a reservation.
They should create a way to upgrade them via the barcode either over the phone or online to make valid tickets that can be used to book a reservation in advance.

I honestly can’t see them extending as I had to pay the difference for my trip and others for theirs .. I mean I suppose they could always credit me.. but I doubt they want to return any money at this point .. they are all about nickel and diming everyone

My WDW 5 day CAD discount tickets have date of expiry Sept 26,2021 Which already was an extension from I believe Aug 2020, our original travel dates. Since we are now hoping to go summer 2022 due to no vaccine for child and really Do not feel safe going to FL last minute I called Disney last month And asked for what were my options. Was on hold for 3 hours and was told that when Sept 26 rolls around the ticket values will be placed into credit for tickets only for WDW. I asked what if I want to apply it towards a package, or cruise or DL and was told nope. I asked about further extension as I would rather keep the 5 day tickets instead of Getting a credit that I now have to apply towards more expensive tickets and was told no. If anyone else heard different please share. Thanks!

My WDW 5 day CAD discount tickets have date of expiry Sept 26,2021 Which already was an extension from I believe Aug 2020, our original travel dates. Since we are now hoping to go summer 2022 due to no vaccine for child and really Do not feel safe going to FL last minute I called Disney last month And asked for what were my options. Was on hold for 3 hours and was told that when Sept 26 rolls around the ticket values will be placed into credit for tickets only for WDW. I asked what if I want to apply it towards a package, or cruise or DL and was told nope. I asked about further extension as I would rather keep the 5 day tickets instead of Getting a credit that I now have to apply towards more expensive tickets and was told no. If anyone else heard different please share. Thanks!
I spoke to Disney on Saturday and was told the same thing. It will be a credit to use for tickets to be used in the future. They said they would not be extended any further.

I spoke to Disney on Saturday and was told the same thing. It will be a credit to use for tickets to be used in the future. They said they would not be extended any further.
I wonder how that works if you didn’t purchase them directly from Disney. I have Disneyland parkhoppers that will expire Dec 16, 2021.

I spoke to them through the app on Saturday and requested a refund, which was approved. It sucks, but I'd rather regroup later than sit on these tickets that will absolutely not be used before the expiry date and then figure out credits, etc. later.

I spoke to them through the app on Saturday and requested a refund, which was approved. It sucks, but I'd rather regroup later than sit on these tickets that will absolutely not be used before the expiry date and then figure out credits, etc. later.

Quick question. Did you successfully get a refund for WDW tickets or DL tickets?

Thanks

I don’t understand why some people are offered a refund and others not. I called yesterday about our Canadian resident WDW tickets (expiring September 26, 2021) and was told that they no longer do refunds. My tickets will become a credit that can be applied towards the purchase of new tickets. Very disappointed!

I don’t understand why some people are offered a refund and others not. I called yesterday about our Canadian resident WDW tickets (expiring September 26, 2021) and was told that they no longer do refunds. My tickets will become a credit that can be applied towards the purchase of new tickets. Very disappointed!

The ones that I have read getting refunded are those purchased directly from Disney, not through a third party seller.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter