• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Canadian Lumberjacks Get The Axe

You may be right but at least two of the band members currently play at Port Orleans and two others are employed in other roles at Walt Disney World. So it's not like they all left the company.....
I'm not sure they were actual cast members. Perhaps a technicality but I thought they were hired by the outside company that represents many of the "streetmospher" characters and get contracted out to fill roles at WDW.

Perhaps I'm wrong. But in any event, a current gig by some of the members wouldn't prevent (or enhance) the ability for OK to be re-consitutted.

I'm not sure they were actual cast members. Perhaps a technicality but I thought they were hired by the outside company that represents many of the "streetmospher" characters and get contracted out to fill roles at WDW.

Perhaps I'm wrong. But in any event, a current gig by some of the members wouldn't prevent (or enhance) the ability for OK to be re-consitutted.

The five original Off Kilter guys were all castmembers. Not sure about Jason or Billy. Either way, I don't see OK coming back to Epcot, other than when a few of them do the Christmas shows.

The five original Off Kilter guys were all castmembers. Not sure about Jason or Billy. Either way, I don't see OK coming back to Epcot, other than when a few of them do the Christmas shows.

Yes, the five original Off Kilter guys were Cast Members and employed by Disney. They were not under contract like most of the other groups around World Showcase so they were a bit "off kilter" in that respect.

So maybe one of these guys might look a bit too much like Dr. Wayne Szalinski, but I vote for.....

maxresdefault.jpg

Oh dear, it's actually 'eh not 'any.

I originally typed it as " 'eh," but that would end up being pronounced like the vowel sound in "bet."

We want it to be pronounced as the vowel sound in "yay!"

I originally typed it as " 'eh," but that would end up being pronounced like the vowel sound in "bet."

It's always been 'eh.' What you typed would be pronounced like 'aye' in fact, I thought you added those letters as a typo.

A little remodelling and they could install a river pond and do panning for gold!

Like the idea of a comedy troupe. Happy the Lumberjacks are going. Off Kilter was so much fun and it was sad to see them replaced like that.

who? Off Kilter? absolutely cast members. Jamie Holton is a legacy (blue tag) CM. I've heard that some of the band will be back for the holidays as the Voyageurs, so there's that.

While I'd love to see OK come back, I hope they don't give up their Irish Festival touring gig. Saw them this past weekend in Indy. They were FANTASTIC. So different than playing at Epcot. I'm pretty realistic that they won't be back full time, though. Time will tell.

But I am Canadaian and we spell it eh and say it as an a. Canadian is a tough language, we also say colour, not color. o_O

"IF" all the numerous reports are accurate and the Jacks won't be returning to The Mill Stage after the Voyageurs complete their Holiday run,do you think Disney will bring a Band back or some other type act?

If you think it will be a Band,do you think there is ANY chance it could be the Kilter boys?:)

Saw it once - enough! Didn't like OK either though - wonder what will be next!

who? Off Kilter? absolutely cast members. Jamie Holton is a legacy (blue tag) CM.

Agree-they never did wear their WDW "name tags" on The Mill Stage,but one time when I was there,for whatever reason,Jamie walked onsatge one day with his name tag on and I immediately noticed it was BLUE-very cool!:)

Jamie has a long history with Disney that even includes Tokyo Disneyland.:)

http://allears.net/tp/ep/okilter.htm

Agree-they never did wear their WDW "name tags" on The Mill Stage,but one time when I was there,for whatever reason,Jamie walked onsatge one day with his name tag on and I immediately noticed it was BLUE-very cool!:)

Jamie has a long history with Disney that even includes Tokyo Disneyland.:)

http://allears.net/tp/ep/okilter.htm
which is why, even (especially?) a year later, their firing made no sense to me. they all have long histories with the company .... but Jamie goes WAY back. just makes me shake my head.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter