Canadian Gift Cards that work in the US.

DocWes

FD Addict
We are driving to Disney World in August from Ontario. We are looking to save some money by buying gift cards when we do our grocery shopping. I'm trying to find Canadian Gift Cards that work in the US, so we can use them on our drive down.

So far, I know of Starbucks.

Thanks!

I don't see how that will save $ as they don't take the dollar amount at par. They give you what ever the exchange rate is. At least that's how it works with Starbucks.

You're right - it probably won't save you money given the exchange, but it will work, and it will save you from having to use American dollars since you've pre-paid money onto the card.

Wondering if it would be worth looking into groupons or restaurant.com?

So for Starbucks, everytime you use a card/app for purchase they just auto exchange it. No extra fees? And this can be used in the park locations? This would save on breakfast, as we are not getting the dining plan and as an ECE, I get plenty of gc as gifts from parents.

So for Starbucks, everytime you use a card/app for purchase they just auto exchange it. No extra fees? And this can be used in the park locations? This would save on breakfast, as we are not getting the dining plan and as an ECE, I get plenty of gc as gifts from parents.
Yes, I believe so. They auto exchange.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter