Canadian DVC Members - 198 - List on Page 1

we bought last year on our trip after staying at the grand californian.Loved it so much bought into dvc as we go every year to visit friends as well and loved the resort.We will be there in a week for another ten days in a one bedroom.We usually rent a car as it dosent cost much more than to take the disneyland express and i don't mind driving down there lol.This will be our first time with a kitchen so we will be going to one of the local stores the thing i want to find out is can a canadian buy a prepay phone down there to use as telus hosed me last year and will not be taking my cell phone anywere near california:rotfl2:

My wife (KikiMouse) and I bought into DVC on December 8th, 2010. Still new to all of this and trying to understand certain things. As we are now owners of a vacation club and income tax season is approaching, has anyone ever claimed their annual dues on their taxes.

We are from Winnipeg, and not sure if we can claim the annual dues on our taxes.

Thanks,

Ukie Mouse

Hi all fellow "Great White Northerners". We are freshly back from SS Treehouses. That convinced us. We have an offer into Disney ROFR on a 120 pt. contract @ SS. Here's hoping. It went in today, so 30 day count down starts! BTW, anyone have any good/bad/other experience with OWNERS LOCKERS?!?!

Good luck. That would be a hard 30 day wait for me. We bought into SSR in 2004 but we bought from Disney. We have added on twice since then. Once more at SSR and once at AKV.

:goodvibes

BTW, anyone have any good/bad/other experience with OWNERS LOCKERS?!?!

We have had our Owners Locker for over a year and love it. Locker has always been there when we arrived, even when we let them know at the last minute. We have only dealt with them by email but they seem very nice.

Keep all the necessities in it including beer, wine, microwave popcorn... We only use unscented laundry detergent so I keep a bottle of the brand I like. We also have basic clothes, battery charger, router, ... Makes packing much easier and saves money on purchases from the hotel store.

There is more discussion on the DVC threads. I have only seen good comments.

I looked into it and the only down side I see is the cost. It does not work for us, because I don't bring a lot of things that others feel they have to have (like their hair dryer for example).

So for me, it did not work but I am sure the convenience is great if you have items you really like to bring all the time.

:goodvibes

Went on our first DCL in Jan pc loved it and bought DVC in Hawaii, can hardly wait to go. Will be going to Alaska in May (not like we are already living the dream year round being from the Yukon) and are thinking about adding on and we haven't even used our points yet.;)

Went on our first DCL in Jan pc loved it and bought DVC in Hawaii, can hardly wait to go. Will be going to Alaska in May (not like we are already living the dream year round being from the Yukon) and are thinking about adding on and we haven't even used our points yet.;)

I thought I posted here but I guess I didn't yet - DH and I bought BLT in January! We started seriously thinking about buying 2 years ago... I can't believe we waited so long!

We just got back from SSR yesterday and we are considering buying resale there. We paid cash for a 2bedroom villa and it was amazing! I just need to run the numbers again and seeif it makes sense for my family. Emotionally we are already sold which makes things difficult.

That being said can anyone point me in the right direction of a thread that helps me learn more about all of the little things that may not be obvious?

can anyone point me in the right direction of a thread that helps me learn more about all of the little things that may not be obvious?

There are a number of threads under the DVC Forums above.

Also DVCnews.com has good information including maintenance cost history etc. (this can also be found under one of the DVC operations forum stickies)

The resale websites also have information. Not all can be mentioned here so do a google search for DVC Resale and they should all come up.

Our 250 point contract at SSR was sent to ROFR on June 2, 2011. Contracts are getting through in 1-2 weeks so hopefully we'll hear something this week.

Can add us to the list-another Ontario here.

AKV is our "home"

You can add me to the list. I own at BLT and Aulani. Going to Aulani for March Break. Can't wait!

You can add us to the list. Our 250 point contract at SSR went through. So excited for our September trip!

Okay, since there are so many experienced Canadian DVC owners here, I'll just come out and ask what you think.

Our recent WDW history:

2008 one week @ mod in March/April
2009 10 days @ mod in late December
2010 5 days @ mod mid November
2011 one week @ mod December/January

Us:

Me and DW mid 50's
2 DDs early 20's in University

DW and I will likely retire in 3 years.

Our future:

I'm keen on our yearly trips to WDW but DW seems to think she'd like to see other parts of the world. At times we'd be going to WDW every second year.

Both DDs are big Disney fans and would use our DVC into the future.

So there's our situation. In your opinion(s) does a DVC purchase make sense?

I'm thinking that 200 pts @ AKV or such would do us nicely.

Thanks in advance for your informed feedback.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter