Canadian Disneyland tickets date

planningjollyholiday

DIS Veteran
I've waited until the last minute to make my decision if I will buy the Canadian discounted Disneyland tickets. I know the expiry date is January 13th 2019, so will I loose out on all that money if we don't use them by then? Or does the value never expire and I can just pay the difference to upgrade them if I have too?

Disney is pretty good about applying the cost of what you paid towards the cost of new tickets if you can't use them before the expiry date.

I have read that they never lose their value although they do expire at the price you paid for them. This is what they include on their website:

"Unless otherwise stated, the amount paid for any wholly unused, expired Disneyland® Resort Theme Park ticket, except for special event tickets, Annual Passports and the Southern California CityPass, may be applied towards the purchase of a new Theme Park admission ticket at the current price so long as the new ticket purchase price is equal to or greater than the amount paid for the original ticket. Please visit a Main Gate ticket booth, a Disneyland Resort hotel front desk or Concierge, or a Guest Relations location in a Theme Park to apply any eligible ticket amount towards a new ticket purchase. The amount paid for any Theme Park ticket may not be redeemed for cash or used for any other goods or services other than for another Theme Park admission ticket. No credit or refunds will be given for the non-use of any portion of a Theme Park admission ticket’s entitlements (e.g., using a 4-day ticket for 3 days’ of admission; using a Peak 1-Day ticket on a Value season date; not using Disney MaxPass on its validity day; etc.)."

So even if you do not get there before they expire you won't lose what you paid as long as someday you do go back!

Also they expire on December 31st for the first day of use - which is why you could technically use them up until Jan 13th. But if you were planning to go in early Jan 2019 then you'd likely have to pay more to upgrade.

Has anyone gotten “discounted” tickets like this Canadian resident offer for Disneyland through specifically airmiles and had them expire and then was able to apply them towards the cost of a new ticket later? I had a “chat” with a Disney rep yesterday through the Disneyland site who said that the Canadian resident discount tickets bought through Disney have different policies because of the steep discount and aren’t valid after their expiry date...but we didn’t chat about airmiles tickets...I suppose airmiles tickets say on them that they’re discounted..? It seems to me that Disney should allow using discounted tickets after expiry; you’d just have to pay more money...? I hope but don’t know for certain that I could use them in time and am down to the last few hours...

I called and asked and was told the value paid WILL expire. If you don't activate your first day by Dec 31st, 2018, the tickets become worthless. They have no value towards any upgrade or towards new tickets in 2019.

I had emailed them hoping for an official answer in writing that I could hold them too, but I havn't heard back yet. This could save our family over $500, but could loose us a ton if we don't go....

Thank you very much for your responses!! I have decided that I will wait to buy tickets when I know for sure we are going to be able to go...then I won't stress over it :)

If it makes you feel any better, I caved to the stress and tried several times to purchase and it simply would not go through. I tried for a good half an hour. Oh well. I guess I waited too long.

I know it's too late to help anyone this time around but when we bought ours last week for our trip in September we got an extra 5% off for buying them in person at AMA.

It sounds like even if there isn't a discount on at the time you still get the 5% off based on what the rep said when he processed out tickets so I guess this might actually be helpful info afterall.

Last fall, I got two tickets from Airmiles, one regular and one with the discount (paid with less AM) and both tickets look identical. No mention of the Canadian discount on the discounted one. I will use both in April so I won't be able to help with the value question but I'll see if they ask me for my passport when I go thru the turnstiles the first time (I will have our Nexus cards with us and passports will be in our hotel safe across the street at BWPPI).

I called and asked and was told the value paid WILL expire. If you don't activate your first day by Dec 31st, 2018, the tickets become worthless. They have no value towards any upgrade or towards new tickets in 2019.

That is odd that it contradicts what they post directly on their website regarding the terms and conditions of their tickets. Sometimes if you call three times you get three different answers though.

Last fall, I got two tickets from Airmiles, one regular and one with the discount (paid with less AM) and both tickets look identical. No mention of the Canadian discount on the discounted one. I will use both in April so I won't be able to help with the value question but I'll see if they ask me for my passport when I go thru the turnstiles the first time (I will have our Nexus cards with us and passports will be in our hotel safe across the street at BWPPI).
I didn't have paper tickets but they were linked in my app, with nothing stating that they were Canadian tickets. When she scanned my phone at the turnstiles she wanted our passports so the barcode must tell them that they're Canadian discount tickets. Maybe if you already have your paper tickets they treat it differently?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter