Canadian disney cruise ?

elismom

A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes
O.K know that I have the disney thing down right
Booked the hotel myself,got the A.P price
Booked the fight
You know the rest
How does it work when you go to book a cruis I noticed that people have cruises that are not till next year
Do you go to a T.A for this
Can you book and just pay a bit at a time
I,m thinking of doing a surprise cruise for my D.S and I are the deals not the same
I woluld love any help
Thanks Shelley

We booked our cruise about a year and a half ago through Dreams which means the payment is in US dollars. You can also book a cruise directly through Disney Cruise Lines. We got a bit of a rebate for booking with Dreams during the time that we booked. They run rebate specials occassionally. We could pay off the cruise a little at a time too after we paid the initial deposit which was $250 per person for a 7 day cruise. I think it's $200 per person for a 3/4 day cruise but I'm not positive.

The reason the cruises are booked early is that there is an early booking discount. If we booked our cruise now it would have cost us $600 US more for the 2 of us. We are hoping to book another cruise while on this cruise as you then get an onboard credit of $200 for a 7 day cruise which you can only get if you rebook on board as I understand it.

Really looking forward to our cruise.

I also think that you could go to a TA here and book in Cdn dollars as well. We looked at that but couldn't find an agent that would take off the airfare price from the cruise price and we are driving so we didn't need the airfare which is usually included.

Cruiseship Centers TA booked our Disney Cruise and we didn't have any air at the time. I think though if I did it again I would go with DU.
tigercat

We are going on the Disney Magic for 7 days on February 7-14 and booked this at the end of June this year. We booked through Thomas Cooke Travel agency and for the 4 of us the total including port charges was $3400. We had to pay a $1200 Deposit and the rest is due on December 1, 2003. When I checked a couple of weeks later with a different TA, I was quoted $5000.00 for the same time slot, same category. Quite the difference. I am not why we got it cheaper but it could have been a sale.

This did not include air fare. As the ship does not come in until the a.m. we could not use the charter we intially wanted to and were pricing tickets via Air Canada - which by the way were outrageous - $2500 return. I don't think so - no wonder they are near bancrupcy. We ended up booking a flight out of Buffalo on US air for $900.00 CDN for all of us return. We have a stop over of an hour but it's worth the price difference.

Can't wait to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter