Canadian Club 33 day

Club33forme

Mouse Wheels
Hi everyone,

Just doing research on the amount of interest for a Canadian Club 33 day. I am not excluding US Disney fans. I just want to find local interest and fans. I would also appreciate input and idea's. So far not a big agenda. A meet and greet, have a banquet at Club 33 then split up and enjoy the parks.

Do we have any Canadian Disneyland enthusiasts out there? I have an addiction to Disneyland history. At one time I was going to start a chapter of the NFFC here on the Prairies but decided other than paying the fees would be difficult to join in on the action. I know there is a chapter in BC. Still thinking about it.

Any idea's? We have a Club 33 member on board willing to help. All we need to do pick a date, get ourselves to Disneyland and pay for our meals of course. I know it will be hard to pick a date that accommodates the majority.

Thanks.

Wow! Generous member if they are willing to do that. You are right coordinating a date might be a tad difficult. Were you thinking a lunch or a dinner?

Lunch might be best,
The members only concern is that guests attire and behaviour is appropriate while dining at Club 33, the dress code is more forgiving for lunch. Seem most everyone on disboards are dedicated Disney fans and would not do anything to discredit Disney anyway. So far I am just looking for idea's. We have done this for a few years but this is the first time we are inviting people we have not met. Most have been in February. Seems Canadians want to get away from the cold.

You would probably get more response if you picked a date that worked for you and then asked for others that were going to be there at the same time if they would like to join.
I agree that lunch would be easiest and it is a little bit cheaper as well.

I would absolutely love to do this as one of the things on my list of "must does at some point in my life" is Club 33. Since you had this great idea and the connection with the member I agree that you should pick a date and then see how many people can arrange to be there on that date. A big thanks to the club member who is willing to help out - what a thrill this will be for those that can make it.

This is on my "Bucket List" :goodvibes

I'm headed to WDW soon (3 days, my 25th trip) but would love to go back to DL for a 2nd trip :thumbsup2

If this were scheduled for Fall 2011 or Spring 2012, I would definately be interested :goodvibes

Thank you bbangel,

the upcoming Club 33 day if full, I think we reserved over half the Club, you are right, I will pick a date and see who would like to attend the next one. I just want to give people a little further away a chance to go. One year I was swamped with So Cal locals as it's effortless to drive down to Disneyland, we were out of space for the people that needed to make arraignments to attend.

Thanks for your response lulukate and iluvwesties. enjoy your vacations. I am in Disneyland multiple time a year. Could be a chance we are there at the same time, we will just have a smaller get-together. Smaller group is actually more enjoyable in my opinion as with a large group we must pre-select our orders. I like to order off the menu.

I absolutely love this idea. I've always wanted to head to Club 33. If a date is picked I can more than likely make it work. Don't have kids or anything like that so it's easier for me to pick up and go whenever.

What part of the prairies are you from? I love seeing other Disney fans from around here!

DH and I would LOVE to go! How very generous and thoughtful! I have only been to DL once, but went just DH and me before kids. It was great! While DH pretends to not like WDW as much as me, eating at Club 33 is a dream of his (and mine).

Please keep us updates with a date. We have kids, but are rather flexible and can get a sitter for the kids for the event.

Thanks! :goodvibes

I absolutely love this idea. I've always wanted to head to Club 33. If a date is picked I can more than likely make it work. Don't have kids or anything like that so it's easier for me to pick up and go whenever.

What part of the prairies are you from? I love seeing other Disney fans from around here!

I am near Regina, so far all I can say about the date is the last few years we have done this in late February early March and once in January. I think it would be nice to meet the people we correspond with and no better place than at Disneyland.

DH and I would LOVE to go! How very generous and thoughtful! I have only been to DL once, but went just DH and me before kids. It was great! While DH pretends to not like WDW as much as me, eating at Club 33 is a dream of his (and mine).

Please keep us updates with a date. We have kids, but are rather flexible and can get a sitter for the kids for the event.

Thanks! :goodvibes

Club 33 has no problem with children, I want to make sure you understand this is not an event, just a chance to meet our disboards friends and have a nice meal. We are free to explore the parks or carry on our conversations and new friendships after that.

Club 33 has no problem with children, I want to make sure you understand this is not an event, just a chance to meet our disboards friends and have a nice meal. We are free to explore the parks or carry on our conversations and new friendships after that.

Thanks for the info on the kids makes things easier on our end, and I did not mean "event" so much as the actual time of the meal. I have loved meeting DIS folks on cruises and would love to meet more who make the bigger trip Canada!

I have been looking for an excuse to take the kids to DL!

Club33forme... Thank you SOOOOO much for posting this invitation :goodvibes It is very generous of you to do this :thumbsup2

If it turns out that a late February/Early March meet is planned, I will do whatever I can to attend, I would love to travel to this with my DD even if it was just for a weekend :goodvibes

This pic was from our 1st trip to DL in 2009:

Image0431.jpg

This would be a dream come true. I'll be in DLR in 2 weeks, but I don't imagine anything would be set by then? I don't have a lot of opportunity to get there aside from planned family vacations.

I definitely would love to do that. Count me in on the next one if the dates work!
Im in Calgary!:yay:

This would be a dream come true. I'll be in DLR in 2 weeks, but I don't imagine anything would be set by then? I don't have a lot of opportunity to get there aside from planned family vacations.

Well aristocat65 we might have to try to arrange a date near your family vacation date. If we plan far enough in advance there are often reasonable travel deals for all to meet there for just a few days at little cost. You mentioned being in Disneyland in two weeks, how long is your stay I will be there on the 19th of February.

I definitely would love to do that. Count me in on the next one if the dates work!
Im in Calgary!:yay:

Just love your city, you will need to lift the old Calgary Tower up a few feet, getting hard to see. Are you old enough to remember is was the Husky Tower at one time? I will try to give as much notice as possible for next years Club 33 day. Have two Calgary'ns joining us at Disneyland this year in February.

Well aristocat65 we might have to try to arrange a date near your family vacation date. If we plan far enough in advance there are often reasonable travel deals for all to meet there for just a few days at little cost. You mentioned being in Disneyland in two weeks, how long is your stay I will be there on the 19th of February.

This is a short visit for us. We are only there from the evening of the 11th and leave the afternoon of the 15th. Vacations are still dictated by DS17's school schedule I'm afraid.

If you want to plan REALLY far ahead we are booked on the 3/11/2012 MR sailing and were thinking of DL before the cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter