Canadian Buffoon's DISmeet vacation - 09/14 - Bowled Over

Ok here is my breakfast recipe

Fruit & Nanny

2 large apples sliced (or enough to cover the bottom of a 9x13 pan) You can peel the apples or leave them on whatever you prefer
Sugar and cinnamon ~ whatever amount you want you can use more cinnamon if you prefer or less
Put mixture in a gallon ziplock bag

6 Tablespoons of Butter

1 cup of milk
1 cup of flour
6 eggs

Preheat oven to 450
Melt butter in bottom of 9x13 pan (I just put it in the oven while it is preheating when it is fully melted pull pan out of oven)
Shake the apples to coat them in the cinnamon and sugar mixture
Place apples in the bottom of your 9x13 pan

Combine milk, flour, and eggs (I mix it all up in a blender)
Pour over the apples

Cook for 18 minutes

Serve with powdered sugar and maple syrup.
Ummm.... wow that sounds good!

I'm back -- at least for a few days...before I head off to LaLa Land.

Umm... sooooo.....
Welcome back/have fun!

As you may recall -- I added on a quick trip to WDW while my wife was on a business trip.

::yes::

My goal for the trip was to attempt the WDW46 challenge again, check out Disney Springs, golf, hit up the water parks, and do the Star Wars VR thing.

:faint:
What? No Universal, too?

Unfortunately I strained my hamstring playing softball two days before departure,

Oh, crap!
I've torn both hamstrings (at the same time.)
Not fun.

so getting around was quite the chore, but I'm happy to say that I was still able to have a great time.

Good!

On Saturday, I hit up Disney Springs on arrival day and got to experience Blaze pizza. If you haven't been -- it's basically chipotle for pizza.

Um... so....

Having never been to Chipotle,
that tells me absolutely nothing.

:lmao:

So you get to choose your toppings and crust, and then they make it right there in front of you.

So... like any pizza place ever?

Yes, I'm kidding.
I've seen it on another TR
so know what you mean.

;)

Pretty good stuff and reasonably priced for Disney.

Glad you enjoyed it.
Their experience wasn't
quite as glowing.

I was staying at Port Orleans Riverside, and really enjoyed the boat ride to/from DS.

First on site resort I stayed at.
The boat ride to DTD
(yes. I'm going to call it that)
was a really nice perk.

Unfortunately, Disney misplaced my luggage from DME, and it wasn't delivered until 10 hours after my flight landed. On a positive note, they loaded my account with anytime FPs -- which was a good thing for my WDW challenge. :-)

Um...

"Dear Disney.
Please lose my luggage
for 10 hours and replace
with a schwack of anytime FPs.
Thanks."

On Sunday, I took it relatively easy and bounced around DHS, Epcot and MK trying to time how long it took to go from one park to the next in preparation for the challenge the next day.

This is preferable to just Googling the info?

I also swung by the Grand and hung out in the hotel lobby for about an hour or so -- I absolutely love listening to the piano player there in the afternoon.

Oh! That would be nice.
I was just telling @Steppesister
how much I enjoy the piano
on Main St.

Pro-tip -- if you're cheap like me with respect to alcohol purchasing -- you can buy a small bottle of liquor and a 20 oz bottle in the gift shop, and then mix your own drinks in the lobby while listening to the music. Cheapest drinks on property!

:laughing:
Thanks for the tip!

So.... where'd you get the glass?

Poured the remaining crown royal into the 20 oz bottle for safe keeping and proceeded to the MK for a couple rides and HEA. I also think I ate like 4 buckets of popcorn throughout the day. Not the smartest idea for the upcoming challenge day.

That popcorn (at least the DL version)
is like crack. Soooo good!

Monday was WDW challenge day (i.e., ride all rides in one day)

Sadly -- unlike my previous attempt, I was not successful in finishing the challenge. I developed some seriously bad blisters on the balls of both feet by 3 pm (never had that issue before),

Ouch. Not fun at all.
Newer shoes?

and that, combined with some slow loading lines (damn MK trains!!!)

and 7DMT not being open right at 9 am, I fell behind about 25 minutes. I just needed POC, BTMRR, and SPLASH to finish it out...all in all, it was still fun to attempt. It is not easy to do in 14 hours -- not much can go wrong...and I had two too many things go wrong. Total walking for that day was around 17 miles. :crutches:

17. Miles.

On Tuesday, I took it easy and slept in until 10 am

I should hope so!!

(never get to do that anymore with the kids)

Ah yes.
Living alarm clocks.

before heading down to the hotel pool around 11 am. Hung out there with some drinks until 12:30 pm, before grabbing a quick lunch and hitting up the golf course at the property (Hawk's Landing at Marriott World Center)

Sounds like a pretty chill day. :)

Despite crazy winds, playing with rented clubs, a bum hammy and two blown out feet, I still managed to break 80 (albeit with one mulligan)

pfft.
I break 80 all the time.

Of course it's a 9 hole par 3 course.
But still.

That evening, DW and I went to Artist's Point for dinner since we hadn't been there before. Great food and service -- although, I wasn't all that fond of the ambiance. Probably should have stuck with Cali Grill -- but we wanted to try something new and DW hadn't yet been to the Wilderness lodge.

Nice. I haven't been to Artist's Point.
What was it about the ambiance you didn't like?
(I've never been so don't know.)

On Wednesday (last full day), I made the trek to BOTH waterparks...blistered feet be damned!

Damn the torpedoes! Full feet ahead!

enjoyed both parks -- and I honestly can't say which I enjoyed more. They both have their pros and cons.

Interesting.
I've only been to one....
when there was only one.
(Blizzard Beach)
And that was 100 years ago.

Finished the day with a late dinner at O'hanna's and practically had to be rolled out of there.

So I've heard.
Not sure if I'll ever go,
although it does sound intriguing.

Thursday was early flight home -- fairly uneventful and we got home pretty early (before noon).

Nice. Always takes me forever
to get home.
Either I'm driving (so... 24 hours
divided by 2-3 days)
or flying and connecting.

Always nice to be home, especially with the little ones waiting on the front porch! Extra snuggle time all day that day.

Awww...

And then we found out the kids had lice. :sad2:

Smileycoffeespit_zps78mxykvg.gif

Ummm.... wow that sounds good!

It is so good and it comes together really fast. I don't remember where I found the recipe but I was about 16 and we have been eating it ever since. I like the apples peeled but some like the peelings left on. It is even good cold.

Whoopsie!
Typo there.
You accidentally hit the "2" key.

So eating it straight out
of the fridge would be
on the fringe?

Haha you flatter me. I don't feel 41 I feel 30.

I have never eaten it cold out of the fridge it never lasts long enough to get put away.

@vamassey1

Is that this:

or this:

?

Those are the same thing just packaged differently for convenience sake. I will keep option one in the fridge for bagels and medicating canines, and use option two for baking when i know that I am going to be using the whole block (and usually more) in one go.

Those are the same thing just packaged differently for convenience sake.

I always considered the tub
as spreadable.
And the other one as.... not.

I will keep option one in the fridge for bagels and medicating canines, and use option two for baking when i know that I am going to be using the whole block (and usually more) in one go.

Medicating canines.
Huh...

Never thought of that.
I usually just pop the pill
down their gullets.

Actually, sometimes they
think the pill is a treat. :laughing:

I always considered the tub
as spreadable.
And the other one as.... not.

It's just the amount of air in the container... They whip air into the cream cheese when they put them into the tubs for said spreadability.

Medicating canines.
Huh...

Never thought of that.
I usually just pop the pill
down their gullets.

Actually, sometimes they
think the pill is a treat. :laughing:

Ah, see my dogs are spoiled and try to spit out pills when I do that, so i have to hide them in order to get them to take them. Cream cheese and peanut butter are my go tos. They taste good and are 'tacky' enough that the dogs cannot get all of the yum without swallowing the pill as well.

What? No Universal, too?

Wife asked about going, but I couldn't stomach plopping down a few hundred dollars for one day tickets and express pass. Plus I didn't want to cheat on the mouse...we're in an exclusive relationship still. Maybe in a few more years we'll get bored of each other and open it up a little bit.

Oh, crap!
I've torn both hamstrings (at the same time.)
Not fun.

I can't imagine tearing both at the same time. What the hell were you doing?

Um... so....

Having never been to Chipotle,
that tells me absolutely nothing.

:lmao:

So like subway sandwiches??? but nicer.

This is preferable to just Googling the info?

Google doesn't know my walking speed! Plus it was a nice day and that walk is peaceful. Also allowed me to talk to my dad on the phone for 30 minutes.

Thanks for the tip!

So.... where'd you get the glass?

I actually used my brita water bottle. Another pro-tip -- do NOT use the water filter with a carbonated alcoholic drink. OMG -- that was horrid.

Ouch. Not fun at all.
Newer shoes?

I actually used the same shoes from October -- so perhaps they had too much mileage already? I also didn't use new socks this time.

Nice. I haven't been to Artist's Point.
What was it about the ambiance you didn't like?
(I've never been so don't know.)

hard to describe...but for me it was too bright and open. Every other signature restaurant I've been to feels more intimate. They need to turn down the lights by 50% or so, change the color palette a bit, and break up the seating areas so it's not just one big *** room in the middle. It has some interesting architectural stuff on the beams, but they're so high up you don't notice them at all. Chairs also looked kind of cheap to me -- just didn't really dig the vibe. It felt dated. It was also less than half full (although we didn't eat until after 8:30) -- so it didn't have that excitement level to it like you get at a busy place.

the food was very good though.

I do like the ambiance of the lounge next to it, so if I went back to the lodge -- I would probably just hit up the lounge for drinks and a few apps.

:wave: Hi. I feel like I should chime in. It was nice to meet you at Alison’s. I’m going to start reading from the beginning.

Wow! I made it before you were too far in (I guess). Not sure where this report is heading but always love a good tale. I've been dealing with real life and believe me it isn't much fun sometimes! Sometimes people suck. Just saying. But other people don't, so I'm focusing on them!

Enjoying the Harley tour. I actually had HD as a business to evaluate during my master's program. Mostly I know they were great, then they sucked, then they were great again! (Did I get that right?).

Last edited:
Read the shout-outs!
Sorry, no time tonight.
Elle had her recital so was
doing that instead.
(Teaching, not dancing.)

Shout outs and possibly
an update tomorrow! :)

It's just the amount of air in the container... They whip air into the cream cheese when they put them into the tubs for said spreadability.

Ah. So that's what makes
it spreadable.

My bagel thanks you.

Ah, see my dogs are spoiled and try to spit out pills when I do that, so i have to hide them in order to get them to take them. Cream cheese and peanut butter are my go tos. They taste good and are 'tacky' enough that the dogs cannot get all of the yum without swallowing the pill as well.

Well, my oldest is lactose intolerant
so that wouldn't even occur to me.
Also, they're both brain dead enough
that they think anything that comes
their way is a treat! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter