Canada's Wonderland up coming season.

My son's school is supposed to be going on a trip to Toronto, and a day at Wonderland is part of the deal. I am just glad I won't have to go with him :) and he'll have lots of friends to go on the rides with (and stand in the lines with).

Seeing this many passes sold tells me that a lot of people are forgoing travel this year and staying close to home

Yikes. We went last year and I really regretted our choice to not get the fast passes. Those lines are no joke.

I had a season pass last year. We usually buy them once every few years to go to halloween haunt and winterfest. We made the mistake of going for regular park days and waterpark days a few times and every single time I regretted it. I'm florida spoiled and hate the way the park is always covered in duck poop and the loading and unloading of the rides takes so long and the food and service at food locations is always horrendous. Add on that many gold passes and it's going to be the worst

I had a season pass last year. We usually buy them once every few years to go to halloween haunt and winterfest. We made the mistake of going for regular park days and waterpark days a few times and every single time I regretted it. I'm florida spoiled and hate the way the park is always covered in duck poop and the loading and unloading of the rides takes so long and the food and service at food locations is always horrendous. Add on that many gold passes and it's going to be the worst
It's why it's always suggested you add all season Fastlane onto you pass. I personally buy the platinum pass and drive 5 hours every few weekends to visit Cedar Point more.

We had a seasons pass last summer, it was a deal cause we bought it in 2021 mainly cause it was to be valid in 2022 also. We won’t be getting it this summer as a family, maybe just for our youngest teen, if we go it will be once this year at most. I’m sure it will be busy as always, but pretty confident that those 1/2 million seasons passholders and counting, won’t all be going on the same days, lol.

It's why it's always suggested you add all season Fastlane onto you pass. I personally buy the platinum pass and drive 5 hours every few weekends to visit Cedar Point more.
That doesn't solve all the other problems in the park.

That doesn't solve all the other problems in the park.
The new restaurant is supposed to really good food wise. As far as loading and unloading guests I don't fully blame Wonderland for that. I put a lot of the blame on guests and the bins. If all rides had the same system as Yukon Striker it would do wonders.
We had a seasons pass last summer, it was a deal cause we bought it in 2021 mainly cause it was to be valid in 2022 also. We won’t be getting it this summer as a family, maybe just for our youngest teen, if we go it will be once this year at most. I’m sure it will be busy as always, but pretty confident that those 1/2 million seasons passholders and counting, won’t all be going on the same days, lol.
When I do go it's usually Saturday mornings and stay till about 3 or so. After 3 is when it starts to get crazy busy.

The new restaurant is supposed to really good food wise. As far as loading and unloading guests I don't fully blame Wonderland for that. I put a lot of the blame on guests and the bins. If all rides had the same system as Yukon Striker it would do wonders.

When I do go it's usually Saturday mornings and stay till about 3 or so. After 3 is when it starts to get crazy busy.
I've been there, the food is decent. The price is not. Unless you have the full season meal plan it isn't worth it. Paying for upcharges is not a solution for a poorly run park. And you can't pay an upcharge to avoid stepping in goose crap.

I've been there, the food is decent. The price is not. Unless you have the full season meal plan it isn't worth it. Paying for upcharges is not a solution for a poorly run park. And you can't pay an upcharge to avoid stepping in goose crap.
A lot of parks are like that when it comes to price. You can only do so much when they are the most attended seasonal park in North America. Other then Disney and Wonderland do you visit any other parks?

A lot of parks are like that when it comes to price. You can only do so much when they are the most attended seasonal park in North America. Other then Disney and Wonderland do you visit any other parks?
I've been to a lot. I've been to multiple parks all over Canada and a few more in the US and Wonderland is by far the worst. Except Marineland but I haven't been there in 15 years because of how bad it is.

I've been to a lot. I've been to multiple parks all over Canada and a few more in the US and Wonderland is by far the worst. Except Marineland but I haven't been there in 15 years because of how bad it is.
I find the US parks to be better. I think the lack of competition plays a factor for Wonderland. That and when I go it feels like most guests have never been to a park before

Holy cow, half a million by January?? Thank goodness my daughters are way to busy this summer to have time for Wonderland this year. I sincerely hope they plan accordingly and hire lots of staff. I also hope we have a summer of beautiful weather so all those people have lots of fun at Wonderland

For families with young children I always recommend taking a Ferry over to
https://www.centreisland.ca/centreville-amusement-park

I still love the bumper cars, Far Enough Farm & carousel here.
Fresh Air ,sunshine , picnic lunch and a nice lake view.

This is an early 1970 photo of my brother on the bumper cars.
Ah memories!!! We grew up on the shore of Lake Ontario and would take our boat over to the Islands often. My dad's family actually had a home on the Islands for years. His first job was riding a bike around the Islands and collecting pop bottles.

20170402_135128.jpg
Hugs Mel

Last edited:
For families with young children I always recommend taking a Ferry over to
https://www.centreisland.ca/centreville-amusement-park

I still love the bumper cars, Far Enough Farm & carousel here.
Fresh Air ,sunshine , picnic lunch and a nice lake view.
Hugs Mel
It's good little park and my 2 year old loved it. The only thing we didn't like was the cost. For wristbands for 3 of us it cost us close to $100.

Just an update to the OP. That half a million passes was back in October. From the Wonderland podcast I listen to they figure it will end up closer to 1 million passes sold.

My suggestion is to avoid Saturdays as much as possible if you do go and get there at park open.

We live close by, so when the skies are grey we head over - practically empty park, lol. But the gold passes are good for the winterfest too, so not all those people will really visit daily in the summer.

We tried two meals at the new chalet/restaurant. One was awful and really small, but the turkey dinner at christmas was amazing.

We live close by, so when the skies are grey we head over - practically empty park, lol. But the gold passes are good for the winterfest too, so not all those people will really visit daily in the summer.

We tried two meals at the new chalet/restaurant. One was awful and really small, but the turkey dinner at christmas was amazing.
I live within an hours drive and probably visit Cedar Point more often. We get the platinum pass and find much better value visiting US parks then Wonderland

We went during open summer covid maybe 2021? Did it open in 2020 I don’t know it’s all a blur. Masks were required etc ppl were supposed to distance .
We paid for fast lane . And meal deals and with our experience that time and he’s taking the whole Covid thing into account. We probably won’t be back any time soon. I think we are just spoiled with the quality of Disney anything else is subpar

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter