CANADA SAYS 100% VACCINATED FOR CRUISES IN 2022

You've got to be kidding. Wasn't that the point of the announcement? Any new info?
They basically just said there will be vaccination requirements and testing protocols in place, but didn’t really say what those protocols are.

They basically just said there will be vaccination requirements and testing protocols in place, but didn’t really say what those protocols are.

They probably haven't decided which plan they want to use yet is my guess.

Probably, but cruising is scheduled to start next month and passengers need to know.

I agree, but it seems to be the current environment now, but if they aren't careful it will hurt the cruise lines as people cancel or don't book and choose other vacations for this summer.

So looking at that you need a PCR 72 hours or antigen 1 day before arriving? Im still
wondering about when you come back to Vancouver on the ship? Do you get a test on
the ship? Bring your own? I can't imagine looking around for a testing site at Alaska
ports. Were reporters allowed at that "announcement". They should have asked the
tough questions.

I agree questions remain.

So looking at that you need a PCR 72 hours or antigen 1 day before arriving? Im still
wondering about when you come back to Vancouver on the ship? Do you get a test on
the ship? Bring your own? I can't imagine looking around for a testing site at Alaska
ports. Were reporters allowed at that "announcement". They should have asked the
tough questions.

The link broadsheet posted says everyone will have to test 72 hours before returning to Canada. What I'm unclear on, is what happens to you post-cruise if you test positive on that test.

• Disembarking a cruise ship in Canada
    • Passengers must take a COVID-19 molecular test within 72-hours before arriving in Canada or take an antigen test within one day of the scheduled arrival. All on board, including crew and passengers, must monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 for 14 days after arrival in Canada as per the Quarantine, Isolation and Other Obligations Order.

Bolded paragraph (bolding is mine) does that mean DCL will have to provide some sort of testing onboard?

And, sounds like everyone has to sign up in the ArriveCAN website.

Cruise Lines obligations
  • Pre-boarding a cruise ship
    • Crew and passengers are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Very limited exemptions to this requirement include:
      • Children under 12 (note, many cruise lines require vaccination for children 5 and up);
      • Proof of a Medical contraindication; or
      • Religious belief (only for those with a right of entry to Canada, including Canadians and those boarding in Canada).
        • Canadians include citizens, people registered under the Indian Act, and permanent residents.
        • Under the Quarantine Act border measures, a foreign national cannot enter Canada via a cruise ship or any other mode of transportation with a religious belief exemption.
    • Verify the pre-embarkation test results and health status of passengers.
    • Exemption requests must be submitted to cruise lines, who will need to report back to Transport Canada.
  • During a voyage
    • Crew and passengers are required to self-monitor for symptoms;
    • The cruise line is responsible for:
      • testing (using an antigen test) of suspected cases;
      • testing (using a molecular test) to confirm positive cases;
      • isolating positive cases; and
      • testing close contacts of the positive case(s).
    • The cruise line must report symptomatic or positive passengers and/or crew to Transport Canada, the Public Health Agency of Canada, the port, and the local/provincial public health unit.
    • Provide testing facilities and tests for passengers to take either a COVID-19 molecular test within 72-hours before disembarking a cruise ship or an antigen test no more than one day before the scheduled arrival.
Passenger obligations
  • Pre-boarding a cruise ship
    • Passengers must take a COVID-19 molecular test within 72-hours before boarding a cruise ship or take an antigen test within one day of the scheduled departure.
    • Before their cruise departs, a traveller will need to enter their trip information into the ArriveCAN website.
    • Passengers seeking a medical contraindication or religious belief exemption will need to contact their cruise line to see if these are permitted. These exemptions are very limited.
  • During a voyage
    • Passengers are required to self-monitor for symptoms and report them to cruise line officials, who will then take appropriate action (testing, isolation, and contact tracing).
    • Passengers must take a COVID-19 molecular test within 72-hours before arriving in Canada or take an antigen test within one day of the scheduled arrival. All on board, including crew and passengers, must monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 for 14 days after arrival in Canada as per the Quarantine, Isolation and Other Obligations Order.
If there are cases of COVID-19 on board a cruise ship
Even with measures in place, COVID-19 remains a risk to cruise ship passengers. Passengers may develop COVID-19 symptoms or test positive during a cruise. If this occurs, a passenger can expect to be isolated on board the ship and not be able to take part in communal activities. At the end of their cruise, it will be the cruise line’s responsibility to arrange for COVID-19-safe accommodations for passenger isolation that meet the Quarantine, Isolation and Other Obligations Order requirements.
Should a significant number of cases appear on a cruise ship, elements of the COVID-19 Management Plan will be activated, and public health measures implemented to manage cases and potential contacts, including:
  • isolating additional passengers onboard the cruise ship;
  • conducting medical examinations; and
  • moving passengers to an alternate shore location.
Additional mandatory public health measures—either through the Public Health Agency of Canada or the provincial public health unit—would be taken to mitigate the risk for additional transmission of COVID-19 within Canada.
ArriveCAN
Cruise travellers must use the ArriveCAN website to provide mandatory travel information before embarking on their cruise and after their entry into Canada to report on signs or symptoms of COVID-19.
Cruise travellers will need to submit their information on a web-based version of ArriveCAN before boarding a cruise ship arriving in or returning to Canada.

MJ

tough questions.

I’m pretty sure no one has to worry about looking for testing on their own once they have started their cruise. I’m pretty sure The cruise lines will come up with some type of process to ensure that people are able to get back off the boat whether in Port or disinbarkation. I think we are over analyzing things here. A cruise line that starts in Vancouver, goes to Alaska and comes back Will definitely let their passengers know what the procedures are and requirements and make sure they are doable.

I’m pretty sure no one has to worry about looking for testing on their own once they have started their cruise. I’m pretty sure The cruise lines will come up with some type of process to ensure that people are able to get back off the boat whether in Port or disinbarkation. I think we are over analyzing things here. A cruise line that starts in Vancouver, goes to Alaska and comes back Will definitely let their passengers know what the procedures are and requirements and make sure they are doable.
Agreed, I think essentially they are laying out the rules for arriving in Canada. It's up to the individual cruise lines to put those procedures into place, it's not on the receiving country.

The link broadsheet posted says every tne will have to test 72 hours before returning to Canada. What I'm unclear on, is what happens to you post-cruise if you test positive on that test.

Im still wondering on an 7 or 8 day cruise WHERE you will be tested before arriving back to
Canada on the ship and who is doing it ? Disney? Bring your own onboard? At Alaska port?
An added expense? We have 12 family members going. I would also like to know if
someone tests positive before disembarking although not too concerned because i rather be laid
up in a hotel.

Last edited:
So if arrive in Canada on the 20 but the cruise is not until the 22. That means I would have to test on the 19 and 20? All so confusing. I’m also not a fan of having to test getting off the ship I feel like I will be freaking out the entire vacation about testing positive and then what…..

This is why the ships sailing out of Seattle are under much less uncertainty (still some, though, as of now most are required to stop in CAN - usually in Victoria), however, as stated prior in this post, it seems like the port berths in Seattle are pretty full up for the Summer.
Yes Im starting to agree. We have 3 separate families going who now just want to sail from Seattle to
avoid headaches. I'm still going to wait for any further news because my daughter really wants
DCL!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter