• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Canada Port Post Cruise Testing Options:

I'm so confused. I thought Disney required everyone to get tested by Disney right before getting on the boat and that you did it yourself only for under 5 and those are PCR. We do our own now to get on the boat?
Correct just change today

We are sailing Celebrity out of Vancouver in late July - which test did you select? The on-board seems easiest, but are they kicking you off the ship before you can do the test?
I did the eMed test, because when I booked, Celebrity was providing them for free. Yes, they are given to you as you disembark, but the WiFi in Canada Place will let you do the test just fine. The basic ship wifi will not allow you to do the proctored tests anyway - it doesn't allow streaming video.

I did the eMed test, because when I booked, Celebrity was providing them for free. Yes, they are given to you as you disembark, but the WiFi in Canada Place will let you do the test just fine. The basic ship wifi will not allow you to do the proctored tests anyway - it doesn't allow streaming video.
Where at Canada Place did you do the test? Did you find somewhere out of the way or somewhat private?

I don't know - I sailed alone. Sorry!
Thanks I did find an answer so I'll put it here in case others are wondering. Each adult needs their own eMed account and has to do their own call. Kids don't get accounts but they are set up under the parent accounts. We split the kids between my account and my husbands so we can have two phones going at a time and get done a little faster.

We did the test to get back into the US at the Bon Voyage testing center at the Fairmont Hotel at the airport in Vancouver. It was very easy and quick. It cost about $56 US and I booked it from the ship online on the last day in Hawaii while we had cellular service through their website.

Many people were testing there from the ship who were flying out that day. We opted to test there as we were staying there for the night and it made more sense than testing at the port....even if I was flying out that day I think I would book there. It was a good alternative to testing across the street from the port. We took a taxi from the port. Ubers/lyfts are not allowed at the port in Vancouver.

MJ

We did the test to get back into the US at the Bon Voyage testing center at the Fairmont Hotel at the airport in Vancouver. It was very easy and quick. It cost about $56 US and I booked it from the ship online on the last day in Hawaii while we had cellular service through their website.

Many people were testing there from the ship who were flying out that day. We opted to test there as we were staying there for the night and it made more sense than testing at the port....even if I was flying out that day I think I would book there. It was a good alternative to testing across the street from the port. We took a taxi from the port. Ubers/lyfts are not allowed at the port in Vancouver.

MJ
Glad to read about your experience. We have tests booked there on June 4 after we disembark from HAL's Koningsdam. We are flying out that afternoon.

My wife and I did the B2B Vancouver-->Hawaii-->Vancouver.
Safe Passage had not released any available appointments for when we returned until after we left Vancouver on the first leg of the cruise. We stayed at the Pan Pacific for 2 nights pre-cruise and noticed that there was a Covid testing site in the hotel on the lobby level near the shops they have. It apparently just opened. We asked about it before we left and made appointments for our return on their web site, https://fast-test.ca/. Cost was $125 CAD + 5%GST. Came to about $104 per person on my credit card statement. Had 10:30 and 10:40 appointment times. By the time our luggage group was called, and we stopped at bell services to hold our bags until we were ready to be picked up by a car servivc for our 6:54 flight, it was almost 10:30. We were to only 2 people there originally, and it looked like they had plenty of open slots. Had results with printout within 20 minutes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter