Canada’s West Coast

dairyou

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
We are from California and have never been to Canada

When is the best climate time to go? Not muggy or too hot.. What sites should be go to? We have 5 days. We are so excited!

We are from California and have never been to Canada

When is the best climate time to go? Not muggy or too hot.. What sites should be go to? We have 5 days. We are so excited!

Where are you going to visit? I’m in Victoria on Vancouver Island. There really isn’t a hot or muggy season here although we can get smoke from forest fires in the summer. Our climate here is basically what Seattle gets.

If you are planning on coming to our island, let me know and I am more than happy to talk about all the amazing things to see and do here!

We are becoming empty nesters so we are open to any season and any where

Thank you all! It gives me somewhere to start and Google❤️

Deb

If you are from CA your best bet would be to just concentrate on BC. Check out Vancouver, Victoria, if you want city stuff, maybe the Rocky Mountains/Whistler or Haida Gwaii/Queen Charlotte Islands if you want more nature based...

I'm located in Vancouver. SO much to do and see here! Best to plan your visit for May through September. We get a lot of rain ;)

I may be prejudice but I vote Calgary, Banff and Lake Louise. The stampede is a blast especially the rodeo and chuck wagons.

I’m in Vancouver too. Climate is changing, now we get long stretches of hot weather in July/Aug. and like California more forest fires.
I’ve always thought Sept is the best month here. We’re on the west coast so don’t get the humidity. Lots to do and I may be prejudiced but I think Vancouver is one of the most beautiful cities, nothing beats it on a clear sunny day.

I may be biased too but I'd start in Calgary during stampede (10 days in July starting on the first Friday of the month - not counting the first of the month) then through Banff, Lake Louise and then on to Vancouver for a few days. Some of my favorite parts of the country.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter