• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can you tell me about character breakfasts on 7 night cruise

MrsJobba1

Dvc owner at BWV & SSR
Hi
I’m going on a 7 night Western cruise on the Fantasy in April (Cozumel, GrandCayman & Jamaica)

I’ve seen you can book a character breakfast is this when your booking window opens.

Are these on the sea days?

Does anyone know if I book a palo brunch on one sea day can I book a character breakfast on the other one?

what characters are there? Which restaurants do they take place?

I’d love some info regarding this
thanks

I’ve seen you can book a character breakfast is this when your booking window opens.
Yes, you will be able to book a character breakfast when your booking window opens, if it is offered on your cruise. Character breakfasts are typically offered on cruises with at least 2 sea days.

Are these on the sea days?
Yes, character breakfasts are typically offered only on sea days (although they may also be offered on days with late port arrival times).

Does anyone know if I book a palo brunch on one sea day can I book a character breakfast on the other one?
Yes, this would be no problem.

what characters are there? Which restaurants do they take place?
I think that Fantasy cruises feature Disney Junior characters in Animator's Palate, but I am not sure as I've never cruised on the Fantasy.

Characters will be Vamperina, Sofia, Doc McStuffins, Mickey, and possibly Fancy Nancy. We didn't have Fancy Nancy earlier this year, but I think I read on here she's been added. And yes, PP is right, it is Animator's.

Characters will be Vamperina, Sofia, Doc McStuffins, Mickey, and possibly Fancy Nancy. We didn't have Fancy Nancy earlier this year, but I think I read on here she's been added. And yes, PP is right, it is Animator's.
Was on the Fantasy a few weeks ago, they dropped Sofia for Fancy Nancy.

Note that when you book the character breakfast in advance it's not found under "dining" but rather is an "on board activity". And they don't give physical tickets any more so make note of it so you don't forget! (It may be in your app but I can't remember... someone else may!)

Note that when you book the character breakfast in advance it's not found under "dining" but rather is an "on board activity". And they don't give physical tickets any more so make note of it so you don't forget! (It may be in your app but I can't remember... someone else may!)
Thank you for the information

Since they had character breakfast not being your servers , I haven’t had good service. They are quick with the coffee but the other Drinks takes a long time. On the transatlantic they bought me my ketchup after my breakfast was all finished. The guy was still going to put it on my plate LOL. think they try they just put too many people and not enough servers to handle it.

Since they had character breakfast not being your servers , I haven’t had good service. They are quick with the coffee but the other Drinks takes a long time. On the transatlantic they bought me my ketchup after my breakfast was all finished. The guy was still going to put it on my plate LOL. think they try they just put too many people and not enough servers to handle it.
Agreed. We've done the character breakfast on the Fantasy twice, and both times the service was abysmal. No one got the correct food, I never got coffee, the servers seemed rushed and overworked, the characters came out with weird spacing, etc. Not like character meals in the parks. That said, it's also included in the price of the cruise, so just go in with the right expectations!!

We'll probably do it again in March, for Fancy Nancy if nothing else.

I agree, I wasn't completely impressed with our character meal on the Fantasy.

We are going on the Wonder next summer, I wonder if it will be better.

We've done it twice on the Wonder. It was A LOT better on the Wonder than on the Fantasy. I no longer book it when we sail on the Fantasy, but will on the Wonder/Magic.

I assume it's an Alaska itinerary? You'll get the VIP character breakfast with Mickey/Minnie/Goofy and possibly Pluto. They do the VIP characters on the non-Caribbean/Bahamas itineraries.

Agreed. We've done the character breakfast on the Fantasy twice, and both times the service was abysmal. No one got the correct food, I never got coffee, the servers seemed rushed and overworked, the characters came out with weird spacing, etc. Not like character meals in the parks. That said, it's also included in the price of the cruise, so just go in with the right expectations!!

We'll probably do it again in March, for Fancy Nancy if nothing else.

You definitely got terrible service. They are usually quick with serving coffee . Usually make the other people wait 45 minutes for their drinks if your not a coffee drinker. I don’t know why they have it set up that way. Great if your a coffee drinker but terrible for all the rest of the people. Your a coffee drinker and couldn’t even get coffee. That is bad.

I assume it's an Alaska itinerary? You'll get the VIP character breakfast with Mickey/Minnie/Goofy and possibly Pluto. They do the VIP characters on the non-Caribbean/Bahamas itineraries.

We had the Fab 5 when were on the Wonder for an Eastern Caribbean cruise in 2018. I much prefer them to the Disney Jr characters on the Dream/Fantasy. I thought Magic/Wonder always have Fab 5 and Dream/Fantasy have the Jr characters, regardless of where the ships sail. Is that not correct? I'm hoping to do a Magic sailing out of Miami Spring 2021. If they have the Jr characters on it, I won't book it. What characters are on the European cruises?

We had the Fab 5 when were on the Wonder for an Eastern Caribbean cruise in 2018. I much prefer them to the Disney Jr characters on the Dream/Fantasy. I thought Magic/Wonder always have Fab 5 and Dream/Fantasy have the Jr characters, regardless of where the ships sail. Is that not correct? I'm hoping to do a Magic sailing out of Miami Spring 2021. If they have the Jr characters on it, I won't book it. What characters are on the European cruises?
Well, according to the DCL website:
Additional Information

• A Character Breakfast is featured on one morning of select 7-plus night cruises with a minimum of 2 days at sea.
  • The Disney Junior Character Breakfast is presented on 7-plus night cruises departing from U.S. domestic ports with a minimum of 2 days at sea. While appearances may vary per cruise, Jake, Sophia and Doc McStuffins are typically the featured Characters.
  • VIP Characters appear on 7-plus night cruises departing from non-domestic ports (including our Alaskan itineraries) with a minimum of 2 days at sea. Though appearances may vary per cruise, most sailings will include Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Pluto.
  • Character Breakfasts with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Pluto are featured on 14-night transatlantic and Panama Canal cruises.
  • Character Breakfasts are not currently offered on any 2-, 3-, 4-, 5- or 6-night cruises.

Well, according to the DCL website:
Additional Information

• A Character Breakfast is featured on one morning of select 7-plus night cruises with a minimum of 2 days at sea.
  • The Disney Junior Character Breakfast is presented on 7-plus night cruises departing from U.S. domestic ports with a minimum of 2 days at sea. While appearances may vary per cruise, Jake, Sophia and Doc McStuffins are typically the featured Characters.
  • VIP Characters appear on 7-plus night cruises departing from non-domestic ports (including our Alaskan itineraries) with a minimum of 2 days at sea. Though appearances may vary per cruise, most sailings will include Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Pluto.
  • Character Breakfasts with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Pluto are featured on 14-night transatlantic and Panama Canal cruises.
  • Character Breakfasts are not currently offered on any 2-, 3-, 4-, 5- or 6-night cruises.

DCL really needs to update their info. Jake hasn't been at the breakfasts for nearly a year now. And our Wonder cruise left from PC and we had the VIP, characters, not the Jr ones. So, again makes me think that the characters are based on which ship they are on. Dream class=Jr, Magic class=VIP. A Magic cruise out of Miami is only 5 days, so looks like we wouldn't have it:sad1:

Going on the Wonder in February - 7 night Western. There will be character breakfasts...Day 2 & Day 6. We're silver and my parents who will be joining us will be first timers. I booked Day 2 when our window opened. I was still able to get my parents booked into Day 2 when their window opened and I was booking for them at 12AM. Both days are now sold out.

Does that include the Mexican Rivera? Or will that still be the Disney Jrs?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter