• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can you still just walk up to counter service or do you have to mobile order?

Ikaikalani

Tee-Eye-double Guh-err
If I just want some cheese sauce from Casey's, do I have to mobile order or can I still just walk in and order?

It seems to vary. Some were letting you go in to order (Docking Bay 7, ), some were mobile only (saw this at Satu ' Li). Either way, they were very strongly encouraging you to do mobile order.

We were there the second week of October and did not use mobile ordering once. Many places I was first or second in line to order and found that I got my food faster than those waiting to pick up their mobile order. This was especially true at Casey's and Aloha Isle. They really do push the mobile ordering though.

There were places that wouldn't let me through the door unless I mobile ordered. Other places were fine ordering at the counter. One guy in the Magic Kingdom who was especially pushy about mobile ordering told me in a very condescending voice that he would make an exception for me because I was only getting two drinks. That attitude warranted a "Thanks cupcake" from me....

We were there last week and were able to walk up at Casey's, but the CM at the door wasn't too happy about letting us.

Definitely bring a spare battery to charge your phone because some places require to mobile order.

What happens if you don't have a smartphone?? You can't just go into Casey's and order a darn hot dog anymore, what is happening to this world. I hate this.
Exactly!
What happens if you don't have a smartphone?? You can't just go into Casey's and order a darn hot dog anymore, what is happening to this world. I hate this.
Exactly! It seems perhaps A Huxley had it right...a brave new world indeed.

last time we were there one place said ok you can stand inline to order at counter but it will take 45 minutes to get thru. ( I think they purposely like to use their authority to make you miserable)

Mobile ordering was NOT one of the highlights of our Magic Kingdom day in October. Getting a Dole Whip at Aloha Isle was a 40 minute fiasco. When my four year old son wanted a carton of milk the CM at Cosmic Rays said the only way we could get it was through mobile order. Of course while I was attempting to order, my phone’s battery died. Never thought I would see the day when a Smart phone would almost be a requirement for a functional day at WDW.

We were there in the past two weeks and I can't recall mobile ordering anything although I think some places did require it. We refuse to live like that so we just moved on to a place we could walk up and order like normal. Seems a tad inconsistent and pointless to me that this would even be a thing anywhere at wdw being that at F&W you could walk up and stand in line at every kiosk/booth ..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter