• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can you still exchange QS credit for 3 snacks?

cvax300

Earning My Ears
The last couple years I have been able to exchange one QS credit for 3 snacks. I have not been able to find any information if you can still do that under the 2017 dining plan. Does anyone know if thats still possible or not?

We didn't do it, but we were told by three different cast members (one in conch flats gift shop at our resort, one at the pool bar, and one at a snack cart) that we could. We had a lot of Quick Service towards the middle/end of our trip so people liked to remind us. Lol!

We've seen one report that the 2017 plan only allows two snack items for a QS credit. That's not definitive, but its kind of expected.

I also heard with the 2017 plan you can only exchange for 2 snack credits.

We exchanged a qs credit for 3 snacks last week at both Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom. I was sure to ask before we did and both times they said it was 3.

I also heard with the 2017 plan you can only exchange for 2 snack credits.

We exchanged a qs credit for 3 snacks last week at both Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom. I was sure to ask before we did and both times they said it was 3.

On 1/17- we had 3 different CM's offer this to us. Probably because we were trying to use up all our credits!

So, it looks like this will be up to the CM wherever one attempts to do it. Won't this be fun?!

I did this at at the Canada F&W booth last September. Loved that filet mignon! But that was last year.

You can get 3 snacks for a quick service meal. I do it 100 times a day and if you are told otherwise please speak to a leader about it. Have a groovy day!!:hippie:

You can get 3 snacks for a quick service meal. I do it 100 times a day and if you are told otherwise please speak to a leader about it. Have a groovy day!!:hippie:

I'm assuming you're a CM. So even though the QS meal is made up of only two things (entree and drink), you're saying leadership has okayed continuing to give 3 snacks per QS meal, correct?

Yes to both!!! :flower1:

Someone posted on another thread that they could NOT do the QS to snack exchange AT ALL at Starbucks. They had done it in past years. Is there a procedure in place for you to run this question up the chain of command? Right now, it seems to be VERY inconsistent across the parks which is confusing for guests. I do know that before they did the "exchange drink/dessert for a snack" deal, this 3 snack exchange was mainly known about and accomplished at the resorts and a few DTD places. The fact that the above verbiage has been removed from the brochure MAY indicate that this exchange is not going to be as widely done, and will go back to just the resorts.

Someone posted on another thread that they could NOT do the QS to snack exchange AT ALL at Starbucks. They had done it in past years. Is there a procedure in place for you to run this question up the chain of command? Right now, it seems to be VERY inconsistent across the parks which is confusing for guests. I do know that before they did the "exchange drink/dessert for a snack" deal, this 3 snack exchange was mainly known about and accomplished at the resorts and a few DTD places. The fact that the above verbiage has been removed from the brochure MAY indicate that this exchange is not going to be as widely done, and will go back to just the resorts.
I'm honestly not sure about the Starbucks question. You should be able to get 3 snacks at all merchandise locations and at resort food courts.My best advice if a Cast Member is not sure of what you should receive is to ask for a leader. Unfortunately we do have some Cast Members who are clueless at times and shouldn't be. :rolleyes1

I'm assuming you're a CM. So even though the QS meal is made up of only two things (entree and drink), you're saying leadership has okayed continuing to give 3 snacks per QS meal, correct?
If you think about it, most meals come with a main dish, side, and drink so really 3 things.

ex. sandwich, fires or chips, drink

Someone posted on another thread that they could NOT do the QS to snack exchange AT ALL at Starbucks. They had done it in past years.

We did the exchange at Starbucks in Magic Kingdom without any problems (Feb 4th in the morning).

We did the exchange at Starbucks in Magic Kingdom without any problems (Feb 4th in the morning).

Well then there is still great hope that this will stay, and the other poster just had a clueless CM. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Really and generally speaking, a meal includes 3 things, a drink, side dish, and main dish, so it really should be worth 3, and before it should have been "worth" 4, but wasn't. I will also say, that I think most of assumptions about it going down to 2 snacks was from ppl. assuming that's what would happen because they took away the dessert, not that there was any info. of that from Disney or much experience in only being allowed 2 from ppl. actually at Disney. A lot of times, someone will just make a statement as if it were fact and then everyone else assumes it is.

Well then there is still great hope that this will stay, and the other poster just had a clueless CM. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Can you trade a QS for snacks when you still have snack credits left? Maybe the guest still had snack credits, so they couldn't exchange a QS at the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter