Can you spare some pixie dust?

Snoops, you know I am always thinking about you...Sending you boatloads of pixie dust and I am so glad that you are feeling better!!!:goodvibes

the pain I had was there with me the entire time, and is STILL with me, in my back, between my shoulder blades, and not really pain, per se….more like tension in my muscles?
That sounds exactly like what I had last summer. I thought I was developing back problems - something I've never had a problem with.

I also know about being scared. My mother died of breast cancer that spread to her lungs. I nursed her through 2 1/2 years of hell after it had spread. When I went to the ER in July they did a CAT scan and told me I had spots on my lungs. I went for my mammogram a few days later and got bad results.

I was totally convinced that I had breast cancer and that it had already spread to the lungs. I spent the last six months of 2006 in distress - not helped by the fact that several people my age died from sudden illnesses.

I had pneumonia - most likely fueled by my GERD. I have to take antibiotics once a month for a year. And a needle biopsy identified the breast problem as a cyst. Turns out I am not dying just yet. But it was a BIG wake-up call.

Right after I found out that I was okay, I discovered that a long-time friend really does have breast cancer that has now spread to the bones in her back. Which I am sure you do not have as a massage does NOT make that kind of pain go away.

I can relate arminnie. Those types of worries have been on my mind since being diagnosed myself with breast cancer three years ago. Taking care of sick people for a living also doesn't help my frame of mind sometimes, but I try not to worry about it too much. Right now things are good and I've learned to live for the day and enjoy the present. I'm sorry about your mother, but glad everything was ok with you.

I can relate arminnie. Those types of worries have been on my mind since being diagnosed myself with breast cancer three years ago. Taking care of sick people for a living also doesn't help my frame of mind sometimes, but I try not to worry about it too much. Right now things are good and I've learned to live for the day and enjoy the present. I'm sorry about your mother, but glad everything was ok with you.
That's probably the best advice for all of us.

I guess my biggest fear is not that I will get breast cancer, but that I will not find it early enough. At least a half a dozen of my friends friends have had breast cancer. It's been 8-10 years for them, and they are okay as it was found early.

My mother was 65 when diagnosed and had never had a mammogram. She was the kind of person who only did what the doctor told her to do. I've learned to be a lot more pro-active in my health care.

I hope you continue to do well.

Judi, I have just come upon this thread. My prayers for you!

I too have had episodes of Heartburn that scared the pants off of me. Then I pulled the ligament that goes around my chest. Then when I had my last little guy, my heartbeat dropped to 42 and they made me wear the 24 hour monitor!

All of this happened within a year or two of my mom's cancer treatment, and I was so vulnerable to fear.

Good job, taking care of yourself! I'm glad you are feeling better, and again, a prayer said for you!

Not good, Saphire. :( I've had a positive stress test, so tomorrow i'm off to have more tests. :( :(

Please continue to pray for me if you can. Thanks.

Judi ...love and prayers my dear friend...
I will be having Avery sending you his good vibes....his superhero strength.
:hug:

crap. Think negative........ I've a road trip today, and will be sending big time prayers as I drive along. Prayers for you and prayers for your guys.

OK.. I am praying here...just keep going forward positively. Do the tests, get the answers and move forward with treatment..

I have a friend, my antiquing buddy, he did not pass the stress test and he takes a pill and keeps his heart in check.. no surgery, just that pill and lives his life. This was quite a few years ago. They have come such a long way in heart treatment since we lost our parents..

Please try not to worry.. keep us in the loop, you are a hard worker Judi, a great Mom and wonderful wife, now you have to take care of you and find out what is going on.. Big Hugs.

Judi,

Hope all goes well. I just came across this today. I hope your tests go fine.

I think I told you before, my boss is also going through this. In fact, he's having the chemical stress test starting today and tomorrow. His regular stress test came out "funny" but according to the doctor, they get a lot of errors and funny stuff on the treadmill test and they told him not to sweat it.

Please keep us posted and know that we are thinking of you.

:grouphug: :wizard: :shamrock:

I am just finding this thread Judi and am sorry to hear you are going through some health issues. I have been there w/ the chest pains and all the testing so know how scary it is with everything running through your mind. Please try to think postive sweetie and know that many prayers and thoughts are with you. Pls update us when you can and good luck!! Godspeed :flower3:

Had the thalium stress test today, doctor just called, said all looked fine. Thank God. :banana: Apparently many women have what is called "false positive" on the regular exercise test, which is why they follow up with this thailum stress test to get a better look at the heart.

I also had an echocardiogram. The girl doing the test said she isn't supposed to read results to patients, but she could tell me she administers this test several times every day, and mine looked as good as they get. Of course I'll wait until I hear that straight from the doctor, which won't be until sometime next week, but I do feel a lot more relieved knowing that first stress test was a false positive.

Thanks so much for your prayers everyone. I really do believe they saw me through this nightmare I've been living the last few weeks, particularly yesterday and today. Thank GOD for this board and the caring people here. :grouphug:

:cool1: :rotfl: :banana: :cheer2: :dance3: :laughing: :rotfl2: :yay: :thumbsup2

Life is good!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a really, really, really nice evening!:hug:

Judi,

This is great news!! You must be so relieved.

What was the thallium stress test like. I believe my boss is having this tomorrow and he is a bit nervous about it.

Had the thalium stress test today, doctor just called, said all looked fine. Thank God. :banana: a false positive.

Oh, that is wonderful news, Judi! I am so glad you felt the prayers supporting you. Now relax and enjoy your evening and weekend, what sweet relief. :goodvibes

Judi,

This is great news!! You must be so relieved.

What was the thallium stress test like. I believe my boss is having this tomorrow and he is a bit nervous about it.

Thanks Christine (and Michelle, Saphire and Mamma!)!! I am really relieved. Yesterday I just couldn't get over the fact that I might have coronary artery disease, since I feel absolutely fine save that one day when I went to the ER. I know one thing, this nightmare has sure woken me up to what I put in my body....I was looking at the caloric content on a bag of microwave popcorn..... :scared1: Threw it out and will NEVER eat that stuff again. EVER.

Anyhow, regarding the test, its exactly like the regular exercise stress test, but they are taking pictures of your heart before and after exercise. They inject this thallium into your vein which is no different than them drawing blood or putting in an IV. Nothing hurts. I had that scary, scary radiographic CT scan in the hospital (I think that is the name of it - its a spiral CT scan that gives them a good picture of your lungs) - now that is NOT a fun experience. They inject iodine (I think!) in your bloodstream - they shot that stuff in my hand and it blew up to about 5 times the size of my other hand. It looked like a bear paw for 24 hours afterward and still isn't completely back to normal almost 2 weeks later. :scared1: It also makes you really warm and uncomfortable. The worst part about this thallium stress test is the waiting. You just sit around a lot, waiting for them to take pictures, then do the test, then take more pictures, then talk to the doctor. Tell your friend not to worry, it doesn't hurt at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter