Can you spare some pixie dust?

:grouphug: :grouphug:

Praise God, I am so glad you're ok and tests look normal Judi!!! :wizard:

I truly feel your pain as a few yrs back I had some health issues. Spent 3 days hospitalized for heart testing and was diagnosed with MVP. Nothing like a wake up call, huh ~ we ladies really need to remember to take good care of ourselves and live each day to the fullest!

Godspeed :flower3:

Oh Judi.. I am so happy to read your posts. I have been thinking about you and praying. I know sometimes these stress tests cause more stress than necessary, but they are necessary tests.. I am glad they did the thallium one as it is the best way to know what is going on with your heart.

OK.. so now what? Are you joining the rest of us in the Reflux club? If so, and your insurance will pay for Nexium, that one worked for me, the others did not. Now, my insurance will not pay for the Nexium but will pay for its generic, omenprazole, which works as well on me and I take 40 mgs....

I watched the movie Holiday yesterday with DH and in the movie Cameron Diaz keeps putting her hands to her chest and saying esophageal spasm.. ow, ow, I looked at Tom and said are you kidding me? It is now in movies, here all these years I thought no one knew about it and Hollywood is putting in movies... and she takes antacids all the time...esophageal spasms are not fun and pain sometimes mimics heart attack.. I could not believe it was in that movie..

Hugs to you.. keep the faith...

Whoa, Mackey...did you say there is a generic Nexium? Mine is still covered (although I have decreased it, using cider vinegar) but my brothers ins. cancelled his!

Thank you so much for this info!

Judi, hope yesterday's news allowed some rest last night.

Oh Judi.. I am so happy to read your posts. I have been thinking about you and praying. I know sometimes these stress tests cause more stress than necessary, but they are necessary tests.. I am glad they did the thallium one as it is the best way to know what is going on with your heart.

OK.. so now what? Are you joining the rest of us in the Reflux club? If so, and your insurance will pay for Nexium, that one worked for me, the others did not. Now, my insurance will not pay for the Nexium but will pay for its generic, omenprazole, which works as well on me and I take 40 mgs....

I watched the movie Holiday yesterday with DH and in the movie Cameron Diaz keeps putting her hands to her chest and saying esophageal spasm.. ow, ow, I looked at Tom and said are you kidding me? It is now in movies, here all these years I thought no one knew about it and Hollywood is putting in movies... and she takes antacids all the time...esophageal spasms are not fun and pain sometimes mimics heart attack.. I could not believe it was in that movie..

Hugs to you.. keep the faith...

LOL! Marsha, I saw that movie too and immediately thought of you. That was a cute movie, wasn't it? Never cared for either Cameron or Jude all that much before, but they were cute in that movie and I've always loved Kate and Jack.

I'm not sure what the plan of action is at this point beyond getting a full physical. I need to find out my cholesterol levels, and I also want to get my thyroid checked. I remember once years ago when I was young and stupid a doctor told me my thyroid count (or however the measure it) seemed off, but being young and stupid, I never followed up. I really doubt I have GERD or any stomach problems, because the problem I had that day was in my back. I've never had chest pains at all. That said, it doesn't hurt to have that checked out either. I have a full physical scheduled for late April, unfortunately that is the soonest I can get in. My doctor is booked solid until JUNE if you can believe it, but since I have been through such an ordeal over the past couple of weeks his nurse was able to fit me in in April.

In the meantime, we're off to Florida next Monday for a week. :) Hoping it will be just what the doctor ordered. :) :) I can't ever recall needing a vacation so badly.

Thanks again for your prayers everyone. I feel enveloped with love and affection and prayers when I'm here. I'm so glad we are a comfort to each other. :grouphug:

Me and the guys, I was told that Omenprazole was the generic for Nexium.......at any rate, if they will not cover Nexium..(cheap so and so's, insurance makes me so mad) have him ask for that....the others do not work for me and this does.

Sometimes Judi, I get pain in the back, but I am glad you are going for a full work-up. I do take something for cholesterol and I am glad that I do since they did not have it for my parents and heart disease is a tough one..

I did have a thyroid scan recently, although blood work was good, doctor thought it felt enlarged... You know, I know this can be a pain in the neck, but you have to be your own advocate and follow through with all these tests and constantly be aware of your health... so far all my tests have been good, which is a good thing for me since I need to be in good health to take care of you know who....:lmao: I can say that to Judi as she knows you know who...

Wow.. so weird....so prilosec does not work, but the generic does....that is just too weird..So then why does my medical ins not cover Nexium....which does work, it must be too expensive and they feel the others should work as well. Bizarre.

Thanks Christine..

Wow.. so weird....so prilosec does not work, but the generic does....that is just too weird..So then why does my medical ins not cover Nexium....which does work, it must be too expensive and they feel the others should work as well. Bizarre.

Thanks Christine..

Who can figure out insurance? :confused3

I don't know why the Prilosec would not work for you but the generic version does. I have the exact opposite. The Astra-Zeneca brand name Prilosec works for me, but the Prilosec OTC and the generic omeperazole don't work. Everyone' different.

Nexium is still brand name and maybe that's why your insurance won't cover it--because there is a generic PPI available (omeperazole). They may think that they are equal (and they are in some people) so they only offer the cheaper one.

All depends on your insurance. I can get any of the brand name PPIs for a $25 copay.

Hi Marsha: I saw the movie Holiday also and actually could feel her pain when she talked about the spasm she was having in her chest. I've had them (they come on so quickly) where I've actually had a pain in my jaw and head. The one thing that really helps me is to have a glass of water and if it doesn't relieve the pain, I then have Maalox or Mylanta which takes the pain away but leaves a lingering feeling of heaviness in my chest. I've been checked out and everything is fine - however, it really is a horrible feeling to have!

Hugs to all and a good weekend also. Barbara

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter