• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can you save with a travel agent?

momof2cuties

Mouseketeer
Just wondering thoughts. I'm a bargain shopper and think I get the best deals, wondering if I could do better with a travel agent. I've tried Costco, AAA, Orbitz and Southwest vacations, but is there a benefit to booking through a disney agent?

Not technically! I am a certified Disney travel agent, and although we cannot get you special rates, we do keep our eye out every day for a way to get you a better price or experience! If another offer is announced after your trip is booked, it fits your criteria and will save you money or upgrade you for the same price we switch it for you!

The travel agent we booked with is saving us $1000 over the rack rate price for a 5 night stay RO reservation for this coming November. A bounceback for our selected dates was not available. I'm happy because I know I already have a room booked at a good price even before Disney releases it's discounts and doubt that any discount Disney releases will top what we will be paying.

Yes. I booked a Labor Day deal last year that saved me about 2K on my room for 10 days. Maybe more. That's the only way I book through an agent.

Yes, you can save money. Sometimes different travel agents have exclusive rates for certain dates/resorts. We have saved more money with some of those deals than we could find as a public offer or AP offer. Sometimes a travel agent can book a room that I can't find availability for. It really depends on when you are going and where exactly you want to stay.

Just wondering thoughts. I'm a bargain shopper and think I get the best deals, wondering if I could do better with a travel agent. I've tried Costco, AAA, Orbitz and Southwest vacations, but is there a benefit to booking through a disney agent?

Another thing to keep in mind is that sometime the Travel Agencies will provide you with some "extras". So, even though you don't really get a better price on a room or tickets, you could get some extras that will enhance your trip. :) I've seen some that provide a gift bag of Disney goodies, either mailed to them before the trip, or in your room when you get there.

Yes! I have always done the bookings myself through Disney until I stumbled on an agency exclusive deal that people mentioned on these boards. We are staying at the Poly for POR prices!

I would suggest that you watch the Dreams Unlimited podcast, which you can reach through the podcast tab on DIS, or through YouTube. You can get a good idea what they can do for you.

The way most of the travel agents work is they book through Disney, so they get you the same price that you would get booking yourself. They can be helpful in that they will look for the discounts for you, but you can book those discounts yourself. They may also offer gifts or onboard credit for cruises.
The plus to booking through an agent is that you get lots of advice and planning services (they can book ADRs, etc.)

Some travel agents book groups of rooms (like a conference would) and then you can get that agency exclusive group rate which is cheaper than Disney. Some agencies do this very often, while some, like Dreams Unlimited, seem to do this for special events (they generally do something in June/July and something in December...but it could be Disneyworld, Universal, a podcast cruise, etc.)

Some travel agents book groups of rooms (like a conference would) and then you can get that agency exclusive group rate which is cheaper than Disney. Some agencies do this very often, while some, like Dreams Unlimited, seem to do this for special events (they generally do something in June/July and something in December...but it could be Disneyworld, Universal, a podcast cruise, etc.)

I worked for a Disney agency for a while, and our parent company would do this. They would arrange for a block of rooms under a group rate and the agents could sell rooms out of this block for the special pricing. They could bill it as agency exclusive. It was subject to specific dates.

Do they still have Travel Agents?

I think it might be different over here, in UK, but, we definitely save a LOAD using our TA over booking direct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter