Can you recommend...

willowtree

Earning My Ears
Since everyone is so helpful, I have a question.

My husband and I will be celebrating our anniversary while we are in Disney. I wanted to do something special.

What kind of things would you suggest? Any special restaurants?

Since everyone is so helpful, I have a question.

My husband and I will be celebrating our anniversary while we are in Disney. I wanted to do something special.

What kind of things would you suggest? Any special restaurants?

Well, I'd let the CMs know about your anniversary when you check in. Go to Guest Relations inside any park for your "anniversary" buttons. If you can schedule a Wishes or Illuminations cruise to view the fireworks from the water, that would be special. At the Coral Reef, you can hire a diver to hold up a Happy Anniversary sign near your table while your enjoying your meal. Don't know how far ahead you'd need to schedule that one. Order a special cake for dessert at any restaurant. I'm sure others have more suggestions.

Congrats!! Okay, well it really depends on what park(s) you are going to. If you post what parks you are going to and what Disney Resort (if you are staying at one) you are staying at, I can recommend some nice activites for an anniversary. Just keep the board updated! :)

and.. :welcome: to the DIS!

pixiedust: I've never celebrated an anniversary at Disney so I can't suggest anything but wanted to wish you two the very best!!!! How many years? or is this your 1st? My dh and I will be celebrating our 23rd in September.:dance3:

I second Coral reef...we seen several signs for birthday's when we were there last Spring. We also seem scuba mickey...a semi rare site!
We were also at MK on our Anniversary in Oct. We had the buttons from our resort and we wore them proudly...17 years after all. Anyway, when I checked in at CP I never mentioned it and never really thought about it, but the CM wished me Happy anniversary...Ahhh how sweet I thought. When they took us to our table there was a heart made out of the mickey confetti...When the characters seen this they made little gestures and it was cute.
We also recieved a free dessert and 2 spoons at a CS place which I thought was just so sweet...
and we had balloons and a card from Beauty & the beast when we returned to our room. It was very nice!

don't forget your ANNIVERSARY BUTTON ask for it at the customer service desk in the parks you might get special treatment all day long!!!:thumbsup2

I would suggest California Grill, get a late reservation and then watch the fireworks from there. Wonderful food too.

Staying at the Ft. Wilderness cabins is a very secluded and romantic anniversary setting. Have a steak on the grill and pamper each other.

Happy Anniversary!

In January my husband and I had a fantastic dinner at Narcoossee's in the GF. We had lots of family w/us, so they kept the kids for us and we stayed at the GF. This dinner was excellent.

The most romantic restaurant, in my opinion, is San Angel Inn in Epcot. Its a very pretty atmosphere, the food is outrageous-and it has the best staff in any disney restaurant. The have to train 2 years in other restaurants before they can even apply to wait there! Oh and I agree-definitely get your button and upon making a ressie definitely tell them about your special occasion! Enjoy.:cloud9:

A few years ago for our anniversary, we went to the Hoop Dee Do, last seating and when they announced who has an anniversary, up we went and we had to dance for everyone. Granted we were knocking back beers and sangria and having a rootin good time. It made our special day alittle more special. We were staying at the WL, and a short boat ride over was romantic but the food was great, all you can eat and drink and a great show to boot. We didn't feel like dressing up to go to a fancy restaurant, and some of the restaurants are just too expensive and you walk away hungry so we opted for a hootin annie dinner.

We spent our 30th anniversary at WDW at POFQ and it was so nice 2 years ago. We ate dinner at Yatchmans steak house. When the hostess realized it was our anniversary, she asked if we could wait a couple more minutes and they set us next to a window over looking the pool area, it was real nice. They gave us a glass of wine for free and desert. We also ate at the Castle for Dinner on our real anniversary date. We received Wine glasses for free and confetti etc. A special certificate pictures are below. We were treated so good everywhere we went on all of our dinner reservations for that week the CM had noted our anniversary so we received a heart on the table a CP and pooh tigger etc made gestures. So get your buttons and make sure that the info is on your reservations both at resort and dinners you never know what you will get. The mousekeeper even did a special love birds for us. LeCellier gave us a special desert and card. Hope things go well for you and congratulations.:goodvibes

100_0217.jpg

30thanniversary06066.jpg

30thanniversary06075.jpg

30thanniversary06021.jpg

100_0044.jpg

Wow everyone! Thank you so much for the ideas!

My husband and I will be married 5 years this September and we feel like we are still on our honeymoon!

We haven't quite decided what parks we are doing when yet. I'm not much of a planner and my husband isn't much of a "schedule" kind of guy so we'll probably just wing it a bit.

I did make a few reservations for dinner (ADRs?) at Spoodles and Liberty Tree Tavern and Boma. Should I call them back and tell them it's our anniversary?

What do the pins look like? Does anyone have a picture?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter