• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can you move up your original 3 FPs?

GrantMcR

Earning My Ears
I'm sure this question has been asked many times, but I'm having some trouble finding the answer. When you make your orignal 3 Fastpasses, say for a simple example, you make one at 9am, one at 10am and one at 11am. Once you scan into the first one at 9:05am, could you move up your second one to 9:30am if there is one available? I know initially they have to be an hour apart, just wondering if you can move the others up once you have scanned into the first one? Hope this makes sense. Thanks for any help.

Yes, it's a very common strategy for a lot of people, myself included. We also do our best to plan our FP+ so that we show up at the very end of our first FP+ window, so that we don't even need to move our second one. For example, we'll set them for 9am, 10am and 11am. We don't ever rope drop, we prefer to sleep in. So we'll show up at 9:50am. Go right to our first FP+, by time we get off that ride it's already past 10am. So we go right to the second FP+ without having to modify it. We then modify the 3rd. We'll often go through all 3 FP+ in well under an hour.

You'll need to keep in mind that morning fastpasses usually aren't available for anything worth fastpassing in the morning, but theoretically yes!

Yes - I usually do a few rides before the first one if I RD. But then immediately start moving the others up - getting through the first 3 means more sooner!

There have been several threads about the refresh strategy.
As soon as you tap in for the first FP, click on the next one, click modify and see if the time can be moved up.
It doesn't always work, but can save time when it works.

There have been several threads about the refresh strategy.
As soon as you tap in for the first FP, click on the next one, click modify and see if the time can be moved up.
It doesn't always work, but can save time when it works.
I'm familiar with the refresh method. I was specifically asking about moving up your original 3 into a time window that was previously held by an earlier one. I got my question answered though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter